Very slow performance experience with Teamviewer 12 in Vmware View (VDI)

On our VDI environment (VMWare View 5.3 environment) we are running Windows 7 virtual desktops. On all desktops we had Teamviewer 10 installed with a quite good performance to support our users.

Since few days we upgraded to Teamviewer 12 and we experience a significant decrease performance related with this Teamviewer version. Everything is sluggish, especially mouse movements and clicks.

Any ideas why?

Comments

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello,

Is it not the problem that your pc is a bit slow with al the data it has to procces?
    What kind of proccesor do you have?
    How many space is left on your computer?
    How many RAM does your computer use when you run Teamviewer?

(These are all suggestions)

With kind regards,

Iain Wels ICT-Support

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • kafipause
    kafipause Posts: 2

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm sure it's not an issue on desktop performance.

As mentioned it's a virtual desktop and it make no different it's a 2 CPU 4GB RAM or a 8 CPU with 16 GB RAM. Free disk space 10GB

And it was fine under Teamviewer 10 but not on Teamviewer 12.

Any other ideas?

• In our Horizon 7 environment we face the same difficulties since Teamviewer 12.
    Back to Teamviewer 10 it is working again.

It is the same in Windows 7 and Windows 10 - with Teamviewer Quicksupport and full version of Teamviewer.

• We run the teamviewer support client on a VM and since about a few weeks we noticed it has become unworkable slow. If I run the support client on a physical workstation then it seems to be fine. The Quicksupport client can still be on a VM no problem, but the support engineer cannot work from a VM machine. This used to work on our v12 teamviewer also but suddenly stopped working properly. And just last week (or the week before) a client lost it's business license.

I called support (who are very hard to reach and hide behind a ticket) and was given a very strange story that running in a VM would generate new userid's. Which I have not noticed and should not unlicense a separate machine anyway.

I hope this is fixed soon because this is seriously hampering the use of an otherwise fine product.

• I've been experiencing with this issue since 2015, and my i7-3840 QM with 16Gb RAM host and VM machine with 8Gb of allocated RAM demonstrates the same terrible UI performance hit. On the host any TV since TV 8 is flying, on any VM TV is terribly sluggish.

• If anybody have this issue and also have more than one physical monitors on host machine, try to setup mirroring on that monitors, not extend. Especially on MacOS. It's helps me.

• Does anybody have a solution? We are struggling since more than one year with this problem and do not get a solution. It is not just annoying - it is not possible to help people. So, teamviewer is just useless for now.

I am really disappointed and looking for another solution :-(

• AxiansGNS
    AxiansGNS Posts: 1

Same Problem

Since Upgrading to Teamviewer 12 every click in a teamviewer session has to be done multiple times. Unusable and very frustrating... It doesn't matter if its a vdi with 4 GB RAM 2vCPU and 30 GB free space or a server with > 8GB RAM 4vCPU and 100 GB free space...

• Teamviewer support gave me the solution:

Add Registry-Key on the Client with Quick-Support module (we did this everywhere):
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer (Type: DWORD): "DisableMouseActiveDetection": Value 1

At least after restarting of Teamviewer, maybe the the computer everything is working perfectly!