Wake On LAN

I have Teamviewer on my Mac running OSX Mojave and I use the ios app to access the computer. Everything worked fine until recently. Now if the home computer is asleep, all I get on the ios app is a black screen and a curser. But the home computer never wakes.  I haven't changed any settings.  What can I do?

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @Keith2,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please unassign the device from your account and set the Wake on LAN again?
    On the following page, you can find the detailed manual for Wake on LAN:
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/documents/

Please don't forget to configure the network card for the MacOS.

Let me know, if you have any questions. 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi Natascha,
    I have similar problem. Windows 10, I get a "Failed to wake up (computer name). The device cannot be reached directly and no neighbor is available. Tried unassign/reset WOL. Nothing.

It occurs on twoWin10 computers on my network that both worked perfectly for nearly a year. This problem began about a month ago. Pls help!!
  • Natascha

Hi @Jimmo654,

Thanks for your post. 

How do you wake up the devices? With a TeamViewer ID in the same network or via the firewall? 

Thanks in advance and best,
    Natascha

• Hi Natascha,

I generally wake via the firewall.  However, the problem is the same whether I attempt to wake a computer in my network behind the firewall or from the outside.  

Thanks for your response.  Is there any chance you can send an email to let me know you've posted?  I stumbled on your response by chance.  Thanks again!

Jim

• I tried unassigning the computer then reassigning it.
    Went through the wake on LAN directions and attempted to wake w/both the team viewer id & public access.
    Still won’t wake.
    If the computer is already awake then there’s no trouble connecting though.
  • Natascha??  Over??

• Natascha

Dear @Jimmo654 @Keith2,

Thanks for your posts and sorry for my late response. :)

Have you tried it with another Wake on LAN function? I mean not via TeamViewer?

Have a nice day,
    Natascha

• Hi Natacha
    I have the same problem with this ˝Failed to wake up ... The device cannot be reached directly and no neighbor is available˝... before it was working without any of these problems.
    I tried with another WakeOnLan program as you proposed and it worked OK.
    So it seems that it might be a problem with Teamviewer.

Br,
    Marko

• Natascha

Hi @markec,

Thanks for the answer :)

@Julia - do you have another idea to solve the problem? O:)

Best,
    Natascha

• Phew!  Glad to hear from you.  Not sure what you mean by "another".  Can you mention names?  Thanks.

• I downloaded a simple program that I found on web with which it worked.
    Its called Nirsoft WakeMeOnLan.

• Got WakeMeOnLan.and it works!  Thanks to both you and Marko, Natascha!

• I have not. TeamViewer used to work. It works fine if the computer is already awake
  • I have this issue also. It use to work with Teamviewer until a few months ago. No issues with WOL using other software with the target MAC.