When I upgrade it wont connect. It keeps repeating the update message

It wont connect and it says I must uprade my version. I upgrade but it still wont connect and the same message keeps coming up again and again

Comments

• Maël_
    Maël_ Posts: 12 Staff member 🤠

Hi linebuster, 

Please, could you send a screenshot of the issue? And tell me which version of TeamViewer you are using?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Mael 

Mael
  • Hi there,

The version I am working from at a client is 12.0.89970

The error message coming up is "Your partner uses a newer version of TV. Would you like to update TV now to establish a connection"

I try to update to 12.0.95388 or 13.1.3629 .....the icon disappears , it comes back as TV12 & when Itry to connect, the same error message comes up.

Many thanks

Julian

• Maël_

Hi again, 

You can directly reply to this message. You have also the function to add your screenshot to your post. 

Mael
  • Mael,

How do I attach a screenshot

Julian

• Maël_

Hi Julian, 

To add file(s) first click on reply and then in the bottom left of the text box you will see a button called "choose files" 

Mael 

Mael
  • Hi Mael,

Firstly I can see no button called "choose files".

Secondly I deleted TV from the computer and tried to reinstall v13 but the download was aborted.

Now I cannot instal any version on my computer

regards

Julian

• Maël_

Hi Julian, 

Well without seeing any error message I can only advice you to : 

- If you are using TeamViewer into a business environment: Please check if the firewall allows TeamViewer. 

- Be sure that TeamViewer has been well removed and the saved settings as well . 

- Please use only TeamViewer official webpage to download the program. 

- Before running the installation be sure to deactivate the desktop anti-virus

Please keep me updated, 

Mael 

Mael