Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

Posted by walticogt
Electron

Re: Mouse click not working on Android

Yo también tengo este mismo problema. Moto G5

Posted by pedrodavidbc
Henagon

Re: Problema con Xiaomi Redme 4x

Si a base de buskar y buskar tio consegui una, xk todas las demas lo msm no funcionan, aki t la dejo se llama: U Assist
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.communitake.inviteafriend
Posted by msdegrasse
Digon

Re: This device supports screen sharing only

Same for Pixel 2 XL

Posted by Nishanth-N
Photon

Re: Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices

Any update on the HMD line of Nokia phones with remote control and not displaying finger tap symbol?

Posted by blendelabor
Photon

Re: Can View but Can't Control Adroid Device with Windows 10

I have an LG nexus 5x, but it still won't let me control it?

Posted by origami
Henagon

Using Teamviewer Host 13.0.7847 on Pixel 2 XL Android version 8.0.0.  Getting "This device supports screen sharing only" message.  Does Teamviewer support monitor this board?  Is there any hope for being able to control this phone remotely?  Are there any alternatives to Teamviewer that can do this?

Posted by Jordanfirst
Henagon

What is the solution
Posted by msdegrasse
Digon

Teamviewer needs to obtain permission from Google to run remote control on Pixle

Posted by Hillol
Photon

Re: Screen sharing and remote access not working on Xiaomi devices

I am waiting for this because until it is develpoed i can't control my redmi 5A from my work place.It is very necessary to control redmi device from any place to them who doesn't fix the problem.

Posted by Schiho
Henagon

Same Problem here, with Nexus 9 Tablet and Windows PC. Blue Hand shows up thats it.

Posted by omprakash
Photon

Re:unable to control my android remotedly

i have installed qv13 and qs on micromax android but unable to rcontrol it remotely

Posted by shahidul
Henagon

Posted by timotv
Henagon

Mouse doesn't work on Samsung Glaxy S4:

https://youtu.be/o_xtWEEQ-HA

Mouse click not working on Android. Unfortunatelly any mouse connected to the Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't work properly in remote OS via TeamViewer. As people say it can be because of certain smartphone/tabletPC is not compatible device for Teamviewer. There a lot of smartphones/tabletPC's which ...
Posted by TyPilot
Photon

I am using a Huawei Nexus 6p. Huawei is on your list of supported devices. So why doesn't it allow me to control my phone?

Posted by ctuREM
Electron

I have a Google Pixel (1st gen), manufactured by HTC, and also am not able to actually control any elements.

Posted by carlosmrs
Digon

Re: ANDROID TV OS

I have the same problem and still have not found a solution 

Posted by LastWord
Henagon

Re: Remote control on Xiaomi Mi5 not working

Shocked that TV is not still supporting this phone. 

Posted by timotv
Henagon

Mouse doesn't work in Xiaomi Mi6 also. Absolutely the same behaviour as in Samsung Galaxy S4 (look the video in the previous post)

Posted by Googy
Photon

Hello !

I've a Xiaomi Mix 2. I installed the Host app on my phone and the Teamviewer client on my PC. I can connect to my Mix2, screen sharing is working but not remote control

Posted by Konstantin56
Photon

When we get the Remote control add-on for Xiaomi?

When we get the Remote control add-on for Xiaomi?

Posted by publicdomain
Photon

Teamviewer does not work on xiaomi mi tv box

I can see the mouse pointer but tapping does not work. I can only receive the tv box remote desktop on a desktop pc.

Posted by Adkkid
Photon

Possibly solved on Pixel 2 on Android 8.0.1. Try going to your settings, then apps, then expand advanced settings, go to special app access, and enable TeamViewer under Device Admin apps. I have not tested this, but the option is labeled so that it is implied this is required for remote control.
Posted by msdegrasse
Digon

Android 8.1.0 I tried settings, apps, special app access, device admin apps, selected TeamViewer Host (needed for the remote control feature). Displays " this admin app is active and allows the app Host to perform the following operations:" but no operations arfe listed. Still allows screen sharing only

Posted by TomF
Digon

Connected, can see, but no control

I would like to control my Android tablet from my Android phone. I connect and see the screen but controlled device not reacting to taps, gestures. (Personal use)

I just installed the TeamViewer app from the Google Play store to my Samsung S7 phone. I then installed the TeamViewer Quick Support (QS) app on my Android based tablet. Android OS is up to date on both devices.

Started QS on the tablet and received the code. Started TeamViewer on the phone, entered the code, and tapped Remote Control. I can see the tablet's screen on the phone. On the phone I can move around and zoom with zoom mode unlocked. On the phone with zoom mode locked I tap... the cursor (blue hand) appears on the tablet, but nothing happens. Tried other taps and gestures but nothing.

What am I missing? Please help. Thank you,

Posted by TomF
Digon

Connect, see, no control

Trying to control an Android tablet (Insignia 10 Flex) from an Android phone (Samsung S7). All OS and s/w is up to date. Connection is successful, I can see the tablet's screen on the phone, can move around and zoom (zoom mode unlocked), but taps and other gestures have no effect (zoom mode locked).
Installed Team viewer app on phone. Installed Team viewer Quick Support (QS) on tablet. Started AS on tablet and received code. Started TeamViewer on phone, entered code, and connected. Can only see screen, can't control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by kupk
Photon

Either choose Xiaomi or TeamViewer

Obviously it is a question of money. Xiaomi wont allow Teamviewer if it is not profitable for them. Or the Chinese are already working on some buggy version of their software. Remember, there is no charity in China. Recently Xiaomi removed Lite version of their homescreen that was used by older people and users with sight impairment just because it was not profitable enough for the corporation. So you guys decide who you are going to stay with...

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Connect, see, no control

This device is not supported by us at the moment.

Unfortunately, we are not able to support all Android devices.

To allow full remote control of a device, we need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.

Please see our Android Device FAQ For supported devices. As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by TomF
Digon

Re: Connect, see, no control

Okay, thank you for your reply... speedy and very helpful..

Posted by Ejpren
Henagon

Quicksupport file access

Installed quicksupport on remote Samsung Galaxy light with Samsung add-on. Installed TeamViewer for remote control on host Kyocera DuraForce Pro also with Samsung add-on. Can control screen but when attempting to access files I get the error "Your partner is currently using the TeamViewer for remote control app, therefore the connection was denied..."
Posted by Ejpren
Henagon

Re: Quicksupport file access

Wouldn't have made sense to install the Samsung add-on on the Kyocera. I didn't, I don't think. To be sure, I uninstalled TeamViewer for Remote from the Kyocera, and reinstalled, without any add-on. Still getting the same error when attempting to access files remotely from the Samsung.
Posted by Automation
Henagon

Quicksupport Control Android Device issue

I am not able to Control my Android device from my PC.

Manufacturer      Xiaomi
Model                   2014818
OS                        Android
Version                4.4.4

Thanks & Regards;

Kunvar

Posted by Ejpren
Henagon

Re: Quicksupport file access

Does someone with TeamViewer support look at these posts?
Senior Moderator

Re: Mobile Doogee Mix2 remote access . I can share the screen on PC but not control

Hi Pepox,

Unfortunately, as explained our Android Device FAQ, this device is not on our list of supported manufacturers and so this device is not supported by us at the moment.

To allow full remote control of a device, we need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.

As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone. At the moment this is not on the roadmap sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by timotv
Henagon
Posted by JonS
Photon

Any news HMD line of Nokia phones? Smiley Sad

Senior Moderator

Re: can view but cant control my intex phone with quick support

Thanks For Posting.

Unfortunately, as explained our Android Device FAQ, this device is not on our list of supported manufacturers and so this device is not supported by us at the moment.

As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone. At the moment this is not on the roadmap sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by africsnail
Electron

Same here on LeEco Le Pro 3 X772 stock firmware

Posted by ctconigz
Photon

Xiaomi Remote Support

Hi,

Please add an option to have the ability to remote control xiaomi devices. Or are there any other ways to do it?

Posted by Taroko
Electron

So Xiaomi develops hardware and the OS which is MIUI. When you say that TeamViewer requires Xiaomi's co-operation does it mean a hardware support or a software support. My guess is that you require a software support in which the MIUI-OS is in a position to take inputs remotely.

So assume that on Xiaomi's device one installs custom ROMs such as LineageOS ... will that work ?

3 days back I've bought Redmi Note 5 Pro and I don't see Teamviewer been supported nor do I see a LineageOS image ready yet for this recently launched device. However I'm sure a they will come out with a ROM for such a popular device.

Question is: Will LineageOS work with TeamViewer on Redmi Note 5 Pro ?

Thanks

Posted by Taroko
Electron

Now this is interesting !!!

Since I wanted to get the remote access working I was looking out for other options available on the internet. Turns out that Airdroid did the job for me ! ... I had to install the Airdroid PC application and the mobile app and through that I'm able to remotely control my mobile phone. I've enabled WiFi and also have the USB cable connected from PC to mobile.

Question to TeamViewer Team. 

How come Airdroid is able to get the job done while TeamViewer could not. The error that I got on TeamViewer "Host" and "QuickSupport" apps was "this device supports screen sharing only". 

Hope TeamViewer's Developer Team is able to figure out this problem. You folks can reach out to me registered email address and I'd be happy to help the dev team.

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Hi Taroko,

To be honest, I am not sure how much clearer I can be.

This is a legal issue. It has very little to do with any kind of technical issue and it is not an issue our developers can solve because it is not a development problem.

We are aware of it. It isn't a new thing. And no, we do not support linage or other Custom ROM's for the same reason.

We also aren't really concerned with what other software is doing. We require the manufacturers co-operation and this will remain the answer no matter how many times this question is asked.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
5 Replies
Posted by Ymca
Henagon

Ahh. Another question about the legality if I may.
Is the legality problem connected to the hardware (phone) or to the software (android miui)?
If it's a software, will changing android from a different ROM (not xiaomi's) will solve the legality problem?
Posted by Ymca
Henagon

From that I guess it's not a software/hardware legality. xiaomi just don't want to enable TV. So after people buy xiaomi phones, and after the warranty is over, xiaomi still controls it with legality.
It's a shame that companies cannot let go legality after warranty is over so TV can be used.
Senior Moderator

@YmcaThat's close. Although, it's no so much that they don't want us to, it's that they have never allowed us to or responded as far as I know.

It's not a software/hardware thing. Even though in Xiaomi's case, the software is created separately, they still have the rights to it.

Manufacturers and developers are pretty protective of this kind of stuff. Samsung originally asked for a separate app just for them, which we did. But then, they wouldn't let us do updates which left Samsung devices in the lurch.

Now we can do it without an add-on, but at their request we had to integrate knox protection in the app.

It may be technically possible to connect and control any device. The problem is stepping on toes is not good for anyone.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by alexxxxxxxxx
Photon

Hi Scotty,

thank you for the explanations, but I still don't get it.

What you said can be true of Android 4.4 and older, but from Androd 5.0 (API 21) there is official Android API for screen sharing, docs available here: MediaProjection API

Your app should be modified to work using this API, it can run slower - but it should work.

So on devices with Android 5.0 and newer, your app - which can be downloaded from Google Play Store - can do screen sharing part without any involvement from the device manufacturer. In case of legal issues, I'm 100% certain that if some manufacturer really tried to block your app from using this API or drag you to court - Google would help you, otherwise the whole Android ecosystem is at risk. Manufacturers can't block use of API because they would lose Android compatibility claim and they would risk their devices being kicked out of the Play Store.

Short version: screen sharing (viewing only) should always work on devices with Android 5.0 and newer, but older devices and support for remote control _can_ require manufacturer involvement.

Alex

Posted by JeanCarlo
Henagon

Same issue on Xiaomi MI 4i 

Senior Moderator

Hi alexxxxxxxxx

You are absolutely correct. Any android device above 5.0 should have screen sharing.

But what we have been discussing is not screen sharing, but full control. We have no issue with showing the screen on devices 5.0 and later, just remote controlling them.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by udonmez
Henagon

We are waiting news from Nokia support.

Posted by IvanGabem
Photon

Add On for Advan

I'm using Advan i10. I want to connect my device using Team Viewer. I had checked on Playstore if there's no add-on for Advan. 

I've downloaded QS For Android 7, but It still doesn't work. 

Senior Moderator

Hi Everyone,

This is exactly the same as every other Android device we are unable to support.

We cannot support all mobiles and we need the manufacturers support in order to allow remote control which we do not have for Nokia android devices.

I have moved this thread to our new unsupported Android thread.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator