Windows Server 2016 Essentials DSRM

Hi all,

Can ayone tell me whether TeamViewer runs on a remote Win Srvr 2016 Essentials DC when in Directory Services Recovery Mode (DSRM)? I need to boot into DSRM remotely but only if I'll still be able to access it via TeamViewer after the reboot.

Thanks.

Time flies like an arrow...fruit flies like a banana

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Yes, but there are a few things that need to be addressed. I just ran a test and it didn't work the first time.

DSRM is safe mode, and some services will not be available.

• This is a DC? Make sure you have a local admin account to log into since there won't be directory services.
    • Is this also your DHCP server? Make sure you have a static IP address or available DHCP.
    • Is this also your DNS server? Without DNS service TeamViewer can't reach outside servers to establish your connection.

My test server was running Server 2016 build 14393.693 and TeamViewer Host 12.082216

I used DHCP and DNS available on additional servers.

Good luck.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Crexis
    Crexis Posts: 6

@ChironI ended up having to go to site. Strangely, it didn't pick up an IP from the DHCP running on the router. I set the server with a static IP and gateway, left the primary dns as 127.0.0.1 as I know AD DNS doesn't like it if it is not its own primary DNS, set a secondary as the router. Now it works whether booted normally or in DSRM. Thanks for the assist.