Posted by CopyInn
Henagon

automatic renewal of your subscription

The automatic renewal of your subscription invoice arrived and I can't find any billing details in my login

9 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: automatic renewal of your subscription

Hi @CopyInn

Thank you for your post.

The renewal is taking the same billing details you had for the first order. On your invoice it is stated which payment method is chosen (PayPal or credit card) in the text underneath the table.

You are right, there are no billing information available in your TeamViewer login. Please feel free to call your local sales department whenever you are having a question in regards to your license or billing.  

I hope, this information is helpful.

Thank you, Esther 

Posted by wardono
Henagon

Hello,

I never get reminder when my subscription nearly end, but suddenly my credit card is charged for automatic renewal. I don't know where to ask thus I open a ticket to technical support as well as to marketing, but never get answered. What I am asking for is how can I cancel automatic subscription.

Really dissapoint for this bad service.

Regards,

Wardono

@Esther wrote:

Hi @CopyInn

Thank you for your post.

The renewal is taking the same billing details you had for the first order. On your invoice it is stated which payment method is chosen (PayPal or credit card) in the text underneath the table.

You are right, there are no billing information available in your TeamViewer login. Please feel free to call your local sales department whenever you are having a question in regards to your license or billing.  

I hope, this information is helpful.

Thank you, Esther

Posted by UID
Henagon

Why can't we view billing history online?

Are we really supposed to call during specific times to a call center just go to get this kind of information?

I am the one with the administrative account for our corporate plan, we have things like accounts payable that wants this sort of information, it should be viewable online like every other internet based company in 2018. Are there any plans to fix this and make it available online so we do not have to use a telephone during specific times to speak to a person?

Highlighted
Posted by wardono
Henagon

You have to provide a system that enable subscriber to have options to switch off automatic renewal. Just like others such Office 365 etc. If such option is not available yet, at least I should receive reminder one or two months prior to expired. Only with this subcriber like me will not have to pay when I do not need the service anymore.
2 Replies
Posted by sharecreative
Henagon

We have had the same issue as you, payment taken without any notice and TV are refusing to issue a refund - we've cancelled the payment with our card provider.

It's quite clear that they are contradicting the EU statutes on reasonable notice periods but their representative (Lamar Osavio) denies it - tell your card provider not to honour the charge!

We're quite looking forward to the court case on this one as it's clear TeamViewer aren't following any reasonable procedures for their customers.

Posted by Atodaka
Photon

This is crazy! I have not come accross such problems and barriers in trying to access information of my subcription and billing with any other organisation ever. Surely this is illegal in Australia! 

Posted by lesconnor
Henagon

I'd suggest calling your credit card company and disputing the charge. This is almost criminal, and the credit card companies frown on it.

Posted by sharecreative
Henagon

Absolutely - sadly our CC provider (Amex) refused to follow up as the agreement had been made in principal at the outset.  We don't agree with their approach but there wasn't much we can do - we've been sure to make clear to everyone we come into contact with not to sign up for a long term agreement with TeamViewer though!

Posted by Ant1
Digon

Yep. I got done on this. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.