computer wont respond to teamviewer

Im trying to operate my desktop from my laptop. Teamviewer logins in fine and shows my desktop computer on my laptop screen. However when I click on anything it doesn't respond. I have uninstalled teamviewer and reinstalled v14 on both computers but it makes no difference. Can anyone help, cheers

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @Bobsin,

Thank you for your post. 

Which Operating System do you use on the desktop side?

Have a nice day :) 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Bobsin
    Bobsin Posts: 3

Hi there, thanks for your interest. I have stayed with windows 8.1 on my desktop. cheers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Bobsin,

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please deactivate UDP in the advanced options on both sides and activate "Disable hardware acceleration" on the laptop, restart the TeamViewer services on both sides and try it again?

Looking forward to your answer. 

Have a great weekend.
    Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Bobsin
    Bobsin Posts: 3

Hi Natacha, tried the possible solution but unfortunately no joy.

What I have noticed is that the laptop is actually controlling the desktop, its just not showing on the laptop screen. (This was the case before and after trying the possible solution you offered)

I have had others try and control my desktop from their computer. They find the same thing. Their actions do control the desktop but it doesn't show up on their computer.

I tried the other way round. ie controlling the laptop from the desktop and that works fine.

Look forward to any possible more assistance.

Thanks, bob