e-mail address already in use

Options

I just wanted to create a new user in our Teamviewer account. But get the message "e-mail already in use", although there is no user?! 

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @Thomas0815,

have you tried to reset your password from the email address you know? https://login.teamviewer.com -> I forgot my password
    If you have access to the associated mailbox, you should be able to recover access to the previously created account.

For example, if your inbox is business-type and the company has a TeamViewer license, it may have automatically created it for you.

It's a possibility.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• David-awe
    David-awe Posts: 1
    Options

We've got the same problem.

Error Message e-mail already in use. Show hidden/inactive users on.

Can't create user.

I need to mention - a user with that particular mail adress existed before.

Recreation not possible. Waited several days. Tried again. Still does'nt work.

Best Regards

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @David-awe,

first of all, the message is basically correct: that specific email has already been linked to an account on TeamViewer.
    What you can do is ask this user to join your company. To do this it is sufficient for the user to use the JoinCompany procedure.

Once the user has entered his credentials, he will be asked for the email address of another administrator user of another domain on TeamViewer: he will have to enter your email address or that of another administrator of your company, delegating to you manage your account.

At this point you will find his account available among users of your domain.

In the community you will find several references to this passage: look for Join Company.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder