Announcements

TeamViewer IoT is hiring! Check out the open positions here!

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

how to enable teamviewer always on with same password??

every time I try to log into the remote computer, which is windows 10, which I set to sleep after a certain number of hours, I get the message saying Teamviewer is not running. When I call them to turn on Teamviewer, there is a different password, even though I set it to "keep current". How do I set this up so I can log in anytime I like without having to call to get the inlaws to turn on the program and tell me the new password?? I set this up as I had done before on their old pc, and it just is not working, what do I need to do to get this to work the way it should??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by avapc
Photon
Solution

Re: how to enable teamviewer always on with same password??

i have the same problem with the current password changing each time i restart the computer. evenafter i set the option to "keep current" (password). which is a real pain as my assistant can't get online remotely if there is an unknown password. however i can answer one of your questions about the computer going to sleep. you have to change that setting in windows to "never" because once it goes to sleep, teamviewer isn't accessible to anyone. that's probably not the answer you are looking for. but if the computer never restarts you will have the same password all the time for teamviewer, it won't reset.i agree this is a big problem with version 14, i had version 10 before and this was never a problem. wondering if i can delete version 14 and reinstall version 10 again -- if i can find it. av

4 Replies
Posted by avapc
Photon
Solution

i have the same problem with the current password changing each time i restart the computer. evenafter i set the option to "keep current" (password). which is a real pain as my assistant can't get online remotely if there is an unknown password. however i can answer one of your questions about the computer going to sleep. you have to change that setting in windows to "never" because once it goes to sleep, teamviewer isn't accessible to anyone. that's probably not the answer you are looking for. but if the computer never restarts you will have the same password all the time for teamviewer, it won't reset.i agree this is a big problem with version 14, i had version 10 before and this was never a problem. wondering if i can delete version 14 and reinstall version 10 again -- if i can find it. av

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I had to set it to never also, and also enable a saved password, really annoying and wasteful, this should be able to wake the pc with login like other free programs can do, I can't imagine anyone paying for this program
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hi @Closed account,

In order to set up the password for unattended access, please follow the intructions below.

1. Click Extras > Option in the software in the endpoint side.
  2. Type your personal password in the Security tab.

personal password 3.png

Once you setup your personal password, the password will remain unless you change it.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Best regards,

Yuri

1 Reply
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

We did that, but also found out that the power options for the computer must be set to never sleep for it to work. It would make things a lot easier for people if these items were pointed out initially rather than have to find them out the hard way.