is it possible to use copy & paste from the host computer and TeamViewer session?

is it possible to use copy & paste from the host computer and reviewer session?

Best Answers

Answers

• Not sure this is what is intended.
    I operate remotely to access my home pc (works well) but I want to select a range of cells in one file and then paste them into the same range on another file. Both files being in my home pc.
    I can't see how to remotely hold shift and drag to select the range of cells.
  • Exp
    Exp Posts: 1

I don't think that is what the original question was, but in case you didn't figure this out or someone from google needs the info:

You can select multiple items without dragging the selection tool by selecting your first item, then holding shift, then selecting the last item. This works in most Windows programs.

So in Excel, you can click the top left cell you want then, while holding shift, click the bottom right cell that you want. So if you click on A1 then, while holding shift, click B10 you will have selected A1:B10 

Hope this helps

• It doesn't seem to work between a windows remote and linux host.

(ubuntu 16.04)

• Flying
    Flying Posts: 7

May I know where this particular "Extras" option is? I checked the "Extras" menu in TV13's main GUI, inside the "Options" dialog, under "Advanced" section, I couldn't find anything setting related "Clipboard sync." Could you please indicate the exact location of this option?

Flying @way
  • ngong
    ngong Posts: 2

what about an answer to the question of Flying?

I am currently using http://wepaste.com to have immediate text exchange between computers. But I feel this could be integrated into TeamViewer and would enhance the user experience. Be aware: to have a common clipboard makes sense only if it works independently of OS type (see answer of david48).

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hi Flying,

You will be able to find the Clipboard Synchronization option by following the steps below:
    1. Select "Extras" located at the top left of the TeamViewer application screen.
    2. Select "Options" from the drop down menu.
    3. Select the "Advanced" tab and click on "Show advanced options".
    4. Scroll down to the "Advanced settings for connections to other computers " section.
    5. Clipboard Synchronization should be the 4th check-box down, located just above "Lock remote computer" option.
    Hope this helps.

Yuhi

• Flying
    Flying Posts: 7

Hi Yuhi,

Thanks for your pointers. I checked and I have already had clipboard sync enabled by default.

Nonetheless, my remote sessions have not been able to operate properly with clipboard.

Do you have any clue how I could proceed with debugging this problem?

Regards,

Flying

Flying @way
  • Henk1977
    Henk1977 Posts: 1

Hi, I cannot copy and paste over a Teamviewer sessiona s in the past. I am running Windows 10 on both pc's. I had to reinstall Windows 10 on the one PC, but now I can't transfer files from clipboard anymore. The clipboard function is switched on. What else can be done to rectify this issue?

• Gonzo2510
    Gonzo2510 Posts: 1

What about the web client on chrome?

• aaaaa1
    aaaaa1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I can't find this option in the latest version (15.1.3937).

• dave9
    dave9 Posts: 1

hi this solution doesnt work for me as i dont even see the advanced option by extras

• Jagga
    Jagga Posts: 2

Hi

I am using the free team viewer but not sure where to find this extras tab you talk of, please can you assist

• Jagga
    Jagga Posts: 2

Hi

To access

Check on Extras -> Advanced -> Clipboard Sync

Do you need to pay as I currently use TeamViewer remote as a free service

• ptalindstrom
    ptalindstrom Posts: 6 ✭✭

Justed started using ver 15 on Win10. Many things don't work or don't work properly. My guess is this has been feature reduced in the free version.

There are hardly any settings in ver 15. No extras. No clipboard sync.

• On TV 12 it is Extras / OPTIONS / Advanced / Showadvanced Options / Advanced settings for connections to other computers / Clipboard Synchronization

• ClemWang
    ClemWang Posts: 1

I'm also having trouble with Copy Paste remotely,

My machine: Mac running OSX Monterey (12.5) with M2 chip. TeamViewer 15.38.3

Yes, I have TeamViewer -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Clipboard Synchronization turned on.

Target machine: some version of Windows (not sure which one.)

I tried:

Control-C and Control-V

Command-C and Command-V

I don't see a Windows menu item for copying and pasting (but I don't use Windows a lot, so maybe I forgot how to do this...)

Right-click on the trackpad doesn't seem to work either. (I'll try with a two-button mouse at some point).

TIA