Posted by MindaugasM
Henagon

move existing user to new account: email address is already in use

Hello,

For a while I had user created in Management console and recentry deleted.
Issue is that we have two diferent corporate accounts for TeamViewer and in fact I need to move one user from one account to other.
Potentially I could delete user from old account and recreate on new one, however I cant create new user based on same email, error: This e-mail address is already in use

How to permanently delete user from account?

thank you

I supose that this user does exists

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: move existing user to new account: email address is already in use

Hello @MindaugasM,

Thank you for your post. 

You can show inactive users by selecting the option in the tools menu drop-down under User Management.

2019-02-19 09_26_29-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community

3 Replies
Senior Moderator

Hello @MindaugasM,

Thank you for your post.

When you remove a user from your Company Profile, it does not delete the account; it simply reverts it to a free account. The account itself remains active, but is no longer licensed. A TeamViewer account can only be fully deleted when a) the account does not belong to any Company Profile and b) the account is logged in to the Management Console (as the delete option can only be seen by the account itself)2018-10-16 09_53_12-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Therefore, if you attempt to recreate the user under a new Company Profile, it will inform you that the account already exists. In this situation, the best option is to use the 'Add Existing Account' option found in the User Management section of the Management Console.2018-10-16 10_02_17-TeamViewer Management Console.png

2018-10-16 09_56_08-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Simply go to https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany and log in with the account you wish to move to the new Company Profile.

Once logged in, you will be prompted to provide a Company Admin's email address.2018-10-16 09_57_47-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Once submitted, you will see the account request on the new Company Profile!

2018-10-16 09_59_14-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community

Highlighted
Posted by MindaugasM
Henagon

Hello,

I am still experiencing issue to move account to company profile.

background:

the user with email address was added to company1 and then deactivated.
Now when we try to add this user with same email to Company2 it gives error that:
Your account is disabled. Please talk to your company administrator.

However in management console I dotn see deactivated account :(

1 Reply
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hello @MindaugasM,

Thank you for your post. 

You can show inactive users by selecting the option in the tools menu drop-down under User Management.

2019-02-19 09_26_29-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator