Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by commtech65
Photon

setup permanent password on client withTeamviewer 12

How can I setup a permanent password on the client (partner) with Teamviewer 12?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff
Solution

Re: setup permanent password on client withTeamviewer 12

Hi commtech65,

Thank you for your post. 

You can set up a permanent password in the TeamViewer settings of the remote machine. Please open the main window of the remote TeamViewer client and go to "Extras > Options > Security > Personal password". Enter a password of your choice, enter it once again to confirm it and click on "OK" at the bottom of the window to save your choices.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know!

All the best, 

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
4 Replies
5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff
Solution

Hi commtech65,

Thank you for your post. 

You can set up a permanent password in the TeamViewer settings of the remote machine. Please open the main window of the remote TeamViewer client and go to "Extras > Options > Security > Personal password". Enter a password of your choice, enter it once again to confirm it and click on "OK" at the bottom of the window to save your choices.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know!

All the best, 

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
4 Replies
Posted by seymourPost
Photon

hey there

in response to this solution about setting a locked password, you suggested """"Extras > Options > Security > Personal password"""" i can not find the menu path in the extras menu.

I have found a security tab in the the preferences menu and have set a password but on each luanch of team viewer the ID remains the same but the 4 digit numerical password changes how do I make sure each computer keeps the same loging info.

I have set up an account, added a computer / device and will add a further 1 or 2.

will this insure that I dont need to worry about the 4 digit pass word changing ?

Posted by Raven
Trigon

The 4-digit password (or however many digits you choose it to be) is just an alternative way of logging in, if you haven't set a password for a specific machine.

For example, if you remote a PC at work, and you have pre-set the password "password" for it, then you can either remote-in with the password "password", or whatever the changing multi-digit code presented on-screen is.

Just ... don't use "password" as your password ;) hehe.

- Raven
Posted by manxman
Photon

Tried that on a pc but didnt work - each launch it still required a unique password.
Posted by Poobah
Photon

Hi Raven,

Thank you for posting the steps required to set a permanent password.  I have followed the steps, however:

1.  The password is not being saved, even though I clicked OK at the bottom of the Security page after changing it.

2. Only the randomly generated ID works. 

Does the pw change every time?  I left a session open on a computer I need to access, but I cannot login with current pw.

Thank you for the assistance.

-Poobah

I