teamviewer client cannot connect and doesnt try to connect neither

Hi Guys,

In our network enviroment we use transparent proxy (cisco wccp + squid) but I cannot use teamviewer client on it. The official guide says teamviewer needs port 5938 and if it cant connect it will try to use 443 then 80 ports. 5938 port is denied but 443 and 80 ports are allowed via proxy with wccp. But as you can see on my wireshark attachment the problem is that the client doesnt try to establish connect on any ports to remote host but there are some NBNS and MDNS queries (what honestly I dont know why it is necessary for teamviewer). Last Friday I tried to figure out what is the problem and of course I surfed a lot on google but unfortunetly I found nothing :( But if I use this client -on the same machine- with other internet connection e.g. mobil internet hot spot, then everything works fine and of course if I capture this network traffic with wireshark I can see how teamviewer try to establish connection with remote host via 5938 or 443 etc, so it is a little odd.
Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Client says: "Not ready. Please check your connection"
Client version: 12.0.77242

teamviewer_captureteamviewer_capture

Comments

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Posts: 21

Hi @jogyulas

It would look like a normal broadcasting traffic out of your device... at the end Gemtek reveals your MAC address. Is there nothing after that?

Have you tried removing the flag using UDP (Extra -> Options -> Advanced)?

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
  • jogyulas
    jogyulas Posts: 2

Hi @Supertramp

Thank you for your response. What you can see on wireshark screen the all of teamviewer traffic. I had started the capture directly before I started teamviewer client and I stopped the capture when teamviewer client showed an error message "Not ready. Please check your connection". Therefore it is all 20 packets. When I used wireshark captures always have these lines from 3 to 18 but as I said before there isnt any tcp packet. And what you advised I did before too I tried to use teamviewer client with UDP flag and without it.