IoT Remote AppControl solution and Synology NAS boxes

Answers

• morow
    morow Posts: 3

I had to assign Synology on my PC, I've missed the last step, thank you for your help.

• Jonr
    Jonr Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have a ds715 and package install fine but will not run starts then stops it is arm71  thanks

• vpa_axis
    vpa_axis Posts: 9 ✭✭

Tried on two 714+ boxes (amd64). Client has been updated today to 13.2.5287.

I've been tried both boxes to add to list with Add remote computer with ID and password for assigning. Added. I have no option for Remote assignment.

I found on of boxes is in Nearby contacts and devices. Added, assigned. On box is assigned too. But still on both boxes not possible to connect.

So tried to remove assignment on assigned box and remove from list. Restarted service. Possible to add to list of computers, it is on list of Nearby, but no option for Remote assignment.

Both boxes are now on same situation. Added, not assigned, not possibility to assign.

• vpa_axis

BSOD on computer, so after restart tried again and nearest box has option to assign. Assigned, and connection is available. But new item is added to list with NAME [Synology]. Original item still not possible to connect it, so I removed it. Second box without changes, not possible to connect, not possible to assign.

• PatrickG
    PatrickG Posts: 40 [Former Staff]

Hi @Jonr

Thank you for using our integration for Synology. Please assign the device to your account first, then you will be able to connect:

There are two ways to do that. If your device is in the same subnet you can use the Nearby feature of TeamViewer. 

Just click the Add item-button in your Computers & Contacts List and select Nearby contacts and devices. A list with all devices in the same network running TeamViewer will show up and you should be able to locate your Synology device in this list. Just double click on it, and you are all set: You can now directly connect to your device. Please note that now, as long as the device is assigned to your account, it will not show up in this list anymore.

If the device is not located in your subnet or cannot be found, you will need to do a few more clicks. Open the TeamViewer dialog from the DSM application menu.

You will find your assignment ID and assignment password in this dialog. Add the assignment ID to your Computers & Contacts list by selecting Add item --> Add remote computer. Enter the assignment ID as TeamViewer ID in the shown dialog. Enter the assignment password as Password and press OK

• Jonr

the problem is that the app will start and stop on synology not a connection issue yet.  Can start app and immediately it stops with no error message.  presume there is a log somewhere but issue not logged in synology logs

• Pando
    Pando Posts: 1

I get "Authentication Failed" error when attempting to connect using the Partner ID....

If I try a different random Partner ID it at least says "A Connection Could Not Be Established".

Sessions from other devices running TeamViewer can connect fine. 

• hi,

is there already a matching solution for

- ds218+
    - dsm -> last found
    when trying to load the actual package it shows that this version doesn't fit for this device

thx

• PatrickG

Hi  @Pando

This error message is related to the account assignment. Please assure, the step with "Assign to account" is completed successfully before connecting to the device.

Thanks

Patrick

• PatrickG

Hi @kal10bach

Please use the version for AMD64 on your DS218+

This should work.

Patrick

• vpa_axis

Still not possible "Assign to account" on one box. No that action in the application or at web console.

• PatrickG

@vpa_axis Do you have the TeamViewer ID of the device and can you download the logs of the DS and send it to us at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/

Thanks

• arpitjindal
    arpitjindal Posts: 68 Staff member 🤠

@vpa_axis wrote:

Still not possible "Assign to account" on one box. No that action in the application or at web console.

Hi @vpa_axis

Could you please explain again, what problem(s) are you facing?

Thanks

• arpitjindal

@Jonr wrote:

I have a ds715 and package install fine but will not run starts then stops it is arm71  thanks

Hi @Jonr

ds715 is an Alpine platform based device. We are aware of this problem. We don't know as why this is the case with Alpine platform based devices. We don't have the device with us but we are still trying to figure out as why this is the case. Hopefully, we will fix it by next release else we will drop support for Alpine Platform.

• vpa_axis

@PatrickG Has been sent.

@arpitjindal Written above. There is not possible to assign a box to account, there is no option menu. One box has been added because has been found on Nearby devices, but the second box is remote and there is no option to Assign.

• arpitjindal

@vpa_axis wrote:

@arpitjindal Written above. There is not possible to assign a box to account, there is no option menu. One box has been added because has been found on Nearby devices, but the second box is remote and there is no option to Assign.

@vpa_axisIs the remote device already asigned to anyone else? One device can not be assigned to multiple users. If you don't know whether the device is already assigned to someone else or not the I would suggest to open the TeamViewer  application in that device and if the device is already assigned to someone else then it will be mentioned there.

• vpa_axis
    @arpitjindal Not assigned.
  • thx

that did it.

• arpitjindal

@vpa_axis wrote:
    @arpitjindalNot assigned.

Hi @vpa_axis

In which group does this device lies in your "Computer and Contact" list? Is this device being added to a shared group of which you are not the owner? If so, please move the device to an unshared group (best would be "My Computers" group) amd try again with the assignment.

• vpa_axis
    @arpitjindal @PatrickG I've made a new unshared group. It was not possible to move the box to this group, so I removed it and added it again to not shared group. And option "Assign to account" has been shown and the box is assigned now. Now the box is moved to the shared group again. So the problem is with assigning in shared groups.
  • arpitjindal

@vpa_axisYes, that's intended. One can not do device assigment of the device which is in shared group of which you are not the owner.

• Jonr

thank you I will await the outcome of the new release eagerly

• login attemptlogin attempt

Hi _Andreas_,

tnx for your IoT-Modul.
    When i installed it a few weeks ago on a DS218 plus, it ran smoothly.
    Now i installed it on a DS1817 plus, i could not log in. Even the previously problem-free running DS218 plus did not allow login anymore. Teamviewer Version is 13.2.14327.
    Can you help please? The Message is shown in the picture.

Thank you very much!

Andy

• arpitjindal

Hi @SynoFreak36

Could you please tell us your windows version as we are not able to reproduce it?

• Hi Digon,

WIndows Version is Windows 7 Ultimate, all MS patches installed, German.
    With the new version I can log in again (on DS1817 plus, DS218 plus I test tomorrow). However, Remote Terminal Mode does not work. He hangs when logging in like the old version.
    Well, because I am so again, so "thank you".

Greetings
    Andy

• Good Morning,

DS218 plus tested - both login methods work!
    If now access from the Galaxy S7 works, I would be happy :-)

Greetings
    Andy

• arpitjindal

Hi @SynoFreak36

Good to know that it works.

Could you elaborate "Remote Terminal Mode does not work"? What exactly is problem/not working?

• Hi @arpitjindaltnx for your quick response.
    >>What exactly is problem/not working?
    Please look again at my picture in one of the last posts. The login attempt looks exactly like this. After the message "processing is running, please wait ..." nothing happens (even after several minutes).
    Login without "Remote Terminal Mode" works as expected.

If it helps them and is technically possible, you could use a TeamViewer session to look at one of my computers and from there look at the login to Synology itself. However, that will be the day after tomorrow at the earliest. Then you could see what happens or not ...

Greetings from Berlin
    Andy

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I purchased a Buffalo TeraStation and a Q-NAP NAS in the last year. I would have gone with Synology had I known this was in the works.

Are there any other device or brand names we should be looking at? Other hardware types?

I'm looking at 48 port POE switches. Should I wait a little while?:smileywink:

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.