IoT Remote AppControl solution and Synology NAS boxes

Answers

• cRieder
    cRieder Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks, this solved my problem.
    But it should be possible to get this information directly out of the plugin

• cRieder
    cRieder Posts: 4 ✭✭

I also checked, if it usable as a "Magic Packet Sender" but right now v2.3.7 isn't usable for Wake on Lan to wake up any Windows PCs. I tried it with 2 PCs, which were able to wake up each other via App, but not via Synology SPK. This should be possible soon.

• Just installed Teamviewer on a Synology SA3400 (INTEL Xeon D-1541), got an ID and Password, but Remote Terminal greyed and off.(latest version)

I added it to my computer on my teamviewer console. Tried to connect through my registered contacts with Teamviewer 15.1.3937 on Windows 10 (but desesperate to get it on macos...)

Can't established connection...each time...

I don't see anything in my security option that could possibly block the connection (or I might be wrong).

@TeamViewer suport : I was so glad there was a package available, but it looks so experimental, is there any chance to see it working at least for windows and hopefully for macos ?

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠

Hi @cRieder

The WoL feature we are planning to have it available with the next update (v2.8 which is scheduled for end of January).

So, it will probably be available in March it depends a bit on Synology and their check cycles.

Tech Support IoT

• arpitjindal
    arpitjindal Posts: 68 Staff member 🤠

Hi @ProITmanager 

You should assign the device to your account in order to connect to it. Please read the main article for more information on assigning the device to your account.

Connecting to Synology is only available from Windows Client at the moment.

In order to enable the `Remote Terminal" functionality, the logged-in user should be an admin.

• Hi @arpitjindal 

I've already add it to my console (as a new device), and tried from Windows, to no avail.

I managed the package installation et activation through my NAS admin account, but remote Terminal can't be activated.

I was wondering if it was a model problem (Nas being a SA3400) ?

• arpitjindal

@ProITmanager 

I think the device is not assigned to your account, The best way to know if it is assigned to your account or not is, if in Synology TeamViewer GUI, your name is appearing or not(instead of password). If your name is appearing then it means it is assigned to your account.

Again, you have to assign the device to your account (and not just add the device in your contact list). Once the device is assigned to your account and if you are logged in with admin user then "RemoteTerminal" button will be editable.

If you don't know how to assign the device to your account then I would suggest you to read the original article.

• timblackhall
    timblackhall Posts: 1

Based on the amount tht you change for this software i would expect that you get the fewature morking on major OSs. The fact that this doesnt current support macOS is very poor.

Pickup your socks folks and get this working! For the thousands that you charge for the use of this I expect and demand a better experience?

Tim

• @arpitjindal 

Thanks for your reply. Computer ID and password has already been added to a specific group in my managment account. Computer's full name appeared in my "computer and contacts" group. I've also tried to move it to "my computer".

It showed also correctly in Teamviewer App on windows, in "Computer and contacts" menu, and is shown "online".

When clicking on remote control (in my Teamviewer App on windows), it's still a no go : "connection can't be established".

On synology, pakage is installed and activated under admin account, but remote terminal still greyed and not activated.

Surely, I missed something, but I checked and double check every step on above conversation and can't find a way out...

• mircea_c

Hello @ProITmanager

Please try the following steps:

Remove the device from your “Computer and contacts group”

Add the device again in a group that you owned it or create a new group.

After you add the device there, you will see it online, but you will not be able to connect because the device is only in your list and you need to “assign to account”. To do that, one click on the device and on the right part in TeamViewer appication, click on device’s setting and there is “Assign to account..."

Maybe this is what you miss

Best regards,

assign.png

Tech Support IoT

• @arpitjindal 

Thanks a lot, that was it ! Silly me.

The assign to my account part that I missed...It now work, but only on my windows host. Hope you will support it soon on macos

One last question, what is "the remote terminal" switch  for ? before switching it on, it says that if logged in via teamviewer my session will be closed.. but will I be able to log back in ?

• mircea_c

Hi @ProITmanager 

Good to hear that you fix the problem.

"The remote terminal" will enable you to have access to synology's terminal from TeamViewer App.

As @arpitjindal  wrote in order to enable the `Remote Terminal" functionality, the logged-in user should be an admin and activate this function in Teamviewer app on the device.

You will be able to connect after you do this.

Tech Support IoT

• TwistedWorld
    TwistedWorld Posts: 1

Thanks for this reply, I've also wasted quite some time trying to connect to my NAS using a Mac.

• hi

can u tell me which package i can use for my ds213 i don't find one working

thanks

• arpitjindal

Hi @atlantis21 

Just go to you Package Center and install it from there.

• i don't find it in package center

• can you tell me how to download manual package for my ds213 or if it works with it

thanks

• arpitjindal

Hi @atlantis21 

Is your model ds213 or ds213+?

If it is ds213+ then it is not supported.

If it is ds213 then the package should be in the package center for your model. If it is not then I would suggest to contact Synology support center and for the moment you could download the armv5el package.

• it is ds213

• sorry it is 213+

• Tao173
    Tao173 Posts: 5

Can't connect to teamviewer,I ’m logged in as an administrator and I ca n’t change the options below.

• mircea_c

Hi @Tao173 

Could you please provide us with more information in order to have a better understanding of the issue?
    Maybe could send us a screenshot that explicitly shows the issue?

Thanks

Tech Support IoT

•   InkedA 2020-02-01 125308_LI.jpg图片2.png批注 2020-02-01 130331.png

Like this, I am logged in as an administrator, and I cannot open REMOTE TERMINAL,And I ca n’t access the device remotely, there are errors in the log files, I wo n’t upload the files, so the screenshots show you.

• @arpitjindal wrote:

Hi @AndrewRH 

No, unfortunately not. Currently, There are only for intel and arm chipset.

Like this, I am logged in as an administrator, and I cannot open REMOTE TERMINAL,And I ca n’t access the device remotely, there are errors in the log files, I wo n’t upload the files, so the screenshots show you.批注 2020-02-01 130331.png图片2.pngInkedA 2020-02-01 125308_LI.jpg

• mircea_c

Hi @Tao173 

Could you tell also witch model of Synology do you have?

And please go to my post from page 4. It is possible that the device is not assign to your account

Thanks

Tech Support IoT

• @mircea_c wrote:

Hi @Tao173 

Could you tell also witch model of Synology do you have?

And please go to my post from page 4. It is possible that the device is not assign to your account

Thanks

This device is DS918,and I have assigned it to my account

• arpitjindal

Hi @Tao173 

As I could see from the pictures, the device is not assigned to your account. "Assigning to your account" and "adding to your contact list" are two different things. Please read the first page to how to assign the device to your account.

• @arpitjindal wrote:

Hi @Tao173 

As I could see from the pictures, the device is not assigned to your account. "Assigning to your account" and "adding to your contact list" are two different things. Please read the first page to how to assign the device to your account.

批注 2020-02-04 124326.png

When I tried to assign to my account, it showed that the password was wrong. I used the account and password shown in nas. I also tried my nas password, which was also incorrect. Could you please tell me what the password is? Thank you very much.

• mircea_c

Hello @Tao173 

Please could you delete the device from your “Computer and Contacts” and add the device again.

When you add the device, could you try with “Nearby contacts and devices”, if the device is in the same network?

With Nearby, the device is automatically assigned to the account.

Thank you

Tech Support IoT