The age of Hyperconnectivity is here!

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

TeamViewer IoT is available!

We are happy to welcome you to the new TeamViewer IoT Category in our Community.

What is TeamViewer IoT?

TeamViewer IoT (Internet of Things) is our newest product and project to connect, monitor and control even more devices.

For more information about it, check out our website: TeamViewer IoT website or this thread: TeamViewer and the Internet of Things

We are just at the beginning of this brand new journey and we are excited to see, what we can achieve together with you.

What do we want to do?

We want to work together with our customers on the amazing new possibilities the Internet of Things is offering us.

We would like to start with this new part of our Community to discuss the project and product IoT, to learn, what our customers need to have for working successfully with IoT devices.

The destination is clear, but getting there is complex and we need you to partner with us on this colossal vision.

Help us to make the hyperconnectivity simple, secure and fast to enter the future now!

Let´s connect what has never been connected.

We are looking forward to your ideas, thoughts and projects.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• Jokri
    Jokri Posts: 2

Hi Esther,

I am not sure if this idea is fitting here but let to ask... When I am connecting remotely to pc I would like to be sure to achieve result best way. Then I need to apply my apps on my pc not the ones on remote pc. Is there way to do it? Till now I was doing job remotely with resource on remote pc but there will better future if my idea or question should be performed like above written.

Best regards, Jozef

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    edited March 2023

Hi @Jokri

Thanks for your post.

I think your newly opened topic in the TeamViewer General board is a better spot to discuss this idea/question since I think this is more related to TeamViewer than to TeamViewer IoT.

Or am I getting your idea wrong?

Thanks and all the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• cml
    cml Posts: 1

Hi,

Presumably, I could use this to connect all my devices and access any of them remotely.  My question is awfully basic; but, I'll ask anyway.  I only have to be at one device and the others can be unattended right?  They must be turned on, right? And the only requirement is to have TeamViewer on them all?  What keeps others from being able to access my devices remotely?

Thanks,

Christine

• PatrickG
    PatrickG Posts: 40 [Former Staff]

Hi @cml,

Thank you for your question. 

It is correct, if you want to control your devices remotely, you only have to be at one device and the other device is unattended. The unattended device should be online or should at least be able to start up via Wake-On-Lan. The unattended device should have TeamViewer installed and running in order to establish a connection. 

Unattended devices need to be assigned to a TeamViewer account, which is done during the installation of the agent / TeamViewer software. Once the device is assigned to your account, you can connect only from your account to the device, other accounts will not be abl to connect to the unattended device unless the account assignment is changed again. 

Hope, that helps. If you have any further questions though, please feel free to get back to us anytime.