Utlizing TeamViewer on PoS systems

jenyalex
jenyalex Posts: 10
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hi all, I am trying to architect a solution to allow tech to remotely troubleshoot issues on the PoS devices (Windows 10 LTSB) out in the field but they still are part of the WAN network. The company has purchased TV Corporate licenses. We plan on having the TV Host module installed on the PoS devices to allow for remote unattended password access into the PoS devices.

Do I need use the Team Viewer full version to connect to the above said PoS device(s) from a Windows machine within the network? The intention is to have the ability to remotely troubleshoot as well as transfer files. Can someone please confirm the architecture on this? Or atleast help me understand if I need to use the TV full version on the internal machine(s) for the above said scenario.

Your response & time is much appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• PatrickG
    PatrickG Posts: 40 [Former Staff]

Hi @jenyalex

Thank you for posting your question about utilizing TeamViewer on PoS systems.

It is correct, you need to have a TeamViewer full version installed on your Windows PC (or another Operatinng System) to connect to the PoS devices in your network. 

With the TeamViewer full version installed on your Windows PC and TeamViewer Host installed on the Windows PoS device, you can then connect to the unattended device and use the File transfer option

Hope, that helps. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to get back to us anytime.

Kind regards
    Patrick

• jenyalex

@PatrickGthank you much for clarifying that! If may ask one more question - the connection between the PC with the full version installed & the POS devices which will have the host module - is it a direct connection or does it go through team viewer cloud services? We are trying to make sure the connection is secure and hardened. Thanks!

• PatrickG

@jenyalex Sure. It is a direct connection with a secure end-to-end encryption.

You can learn more about Security at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/trust-center/security/ 

Please do let us know if that leaves any of your questions unanswered.

• jenyalex

@PatrickGThank you for your prompt responses. This has been very helpful!

• PatrickG
    Glad, I could help. Let us know if you have any other question and we will be happy to assist.