teamviewer id cli

acvoliveira
acvoliveira Posts: 5
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hello all,

I've just installed teamviewer in a rapsberry pi with only cli and I want to add it to my management console, how can I do it?

Regards

Comments

• Victoria
    Victoria Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠
    edited March 2023

Hello @acvoliveira,

If you have installed the IoT agent the installation guide is as follows :

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-IoT-Knowledge-Base/Install-TeamViewer-IoT-Agent/ta-p/17084

If you refer to TeamViewer remote desktop please find the answer here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/109800-iot-agent-on-linux

Thanks

Victoria

• Hi, there is no answer to my question in the links you've sent. Is there a way to add teamviewer iot to my teamviewer console? If yes, how? I've installed in my raspberry pi that only have CLI, no GUI.

In the raspberry pi, when I type teamviwer id, it tries to open GUI interface. How can I get the ID and password from the console? 

At this momento I don't want to monitor the raspberry pi resources, I'm just want to add it to my teamviewer console, so I can remote access it anytime I want. Is there a way of doing that using only CLI?

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @acvoliveira,

maybe you have installed the client version, while the one you need is the IoT version or the headless host one. In any case, @Victoria has answered your question by referring to the related articles. Following them you should get to the commands (use SSH):

"sudo teamviewer info" -> get device ID

"sudo teamviewer setup" -> set configuration for unattended access (...pwd and more)

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• PatrickG
    PatrickG Posts: 40 [Former Staff]

Hi @acvoliveira

As you figured out, there are 2 versions of TeamViewer to install on a Raspberry Pi:

"TeamViewer Host for Raspberry Pi" for full remote desktop (please disregard since you don´t have a GUI)

"TeamViewer IoT" for remote shell access and remote web application on the Raspberry Pi

While @DomLan is correct regarding the commands for TeamViewer Host (Thanks @DomLan great answer!) the commands for the IoT agent are different. 
    Once the IoT agent is installed on your Raspberry Pi, please run

sudo teamviewer-iot-agent setup

and assign your Raspberry Pi to your TeamViewer account. Once the Raspberry Pi is assigned to your TeamViewer account, you can also find it on your Management Console and connect to your Raspberry Pi from the Management Console. 

In order to retrieve your TeamViewer IoT ID of your Raspberry Pi, please run the following command:

sudo teamviewer-iot-agent info

2018-09-19 13_35_14-Window.png

In addition, you can also check the current status of the IoT agent with the following command:

sudo teamviewer-iot-agent status

If you have any additional questions, please do let us know.

Regards,

Patrick

• Hi

Once I've installed the rasberry pi agent, and it is registered under my devices, in teamviewer iot management, how do I associate the raspberry pi iot agent to my teamviewer? I can see the teamviewer ID, but there is no password.

How can I remote access the raspberry pi using teamviewer?

• Just solved... thanks for the help

• PatrickG
    PatrickG Posts: 40 [Former Staff]

Hi @acvoliveira

We are glad, you were able to solve this. During the installation of the IoT agent, you enter your username and password of your TeamViewer account and your Raspberry Pi will then appear on your TeamViewer Computer & Contacts list. Also, the device will be accessible from your TeamViewer Management Console.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to assist.

Patrick