How to get started

RickM
RickM Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in General questions

I feel really stupid. I have an idea how to use teamviewer but am not sure about a couple of things that I'm sure some help documentation would help. So where can I find it.

Second, I want to support a friend so who has the software? I think I do, so then how to I tell her to input the session id and password? I stumbled on sending an email but it has to be easier than that.

Or does she also download the software?

Third, it appears this can be made easy by setting up some kind of group with her computer name in it, but I can't figure that out.

I need a manual.

Thanks,

Rick

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @RickM

Here is a link to the page where you will find all official TeamViewer manuals incl. the First Steps documents: TeamViewer Manuals and First Steps

I hope the documentation will help you. Otherwise, I recommend you to visit our Knowledge Base, where you find a lot of helpful articles.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• RickM
    RickM Posts: 2

Esther thank you for your reply. 

Under the Team Viewer - Spntaneous Support it says invite the partner to download 

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

which I am assuming is a small plugin type module. However, when dealing with novice users it has to be easy to do. In TeamViewer under Connection you can 'invite partner'. It has a link to: http://connect.teamviewer.com/v12 which I think is the full version. It took a long time, minutes, for my partner to download. So now the next time I need to help her I'm guessing she has the software on her computer but she is not going to know how to access it. Sending an email with the link to the qs.exe version is the way to go.

I guess I can edit the email with the right link. But maybe I'm missing something.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @RickM

For this use case I would recommend working with the customized QuickSupport module and the SOS Button.

That means: After your first session (for which your connection partner started your very own TeamViewer module), there will appear an "SOS"-Button on your partners desktop. The next time she needs your help, she just have to click on the SOS Button and you will get a notification about it. 

In our Knowledge Base we have an article about it: Quick Support and SOS button 

I hope, it will help you further.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager