Blizz cant use "logi capture" from logitech as videosource

kleinUNDhilflos
kleinUNDhilflos Posts: 8
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

When i select the videosource: "logi capture" witch ist software from logitech to use with the c920 hd... i get the erromassage: "Please install cameradriver"

if i use the c920 hd directly it works... but i need some feathures like zoom from the software

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @kleinUNDhilflos 

Are you using Windows 10 with the Windows Creators update?

Usually happens such problems and the root of causes is the device drivers which are changing many times after this update.

Which drivers have you installed for the camera? It was together with the camera or did you download news from the Logitech website of your region?

Could you please provide more info about your system?

Could you upload a picture of the menu Options > Video?

Thank you

• In the first Picture you see the "logi capture" software witch takes the input from the "HD Pro Webcam C920" device alows some modifications like zoom etc. and creates the virtual device: "logi capture". if i select this device i get the drivererros massage as you can see below.

tmp1.png

here you can see my system informationtmp2.png

here you see the different video sources i can choose. if i choose the "HD Pro Webcam C920" and close the "logi capture" software, the webcam worst fine. but i need some of the extra features from the "logi capture" software.

tmp3.png

• Vatsilidis

This is a virtual device and not a physical device, and so I'm can not tell you for sure if it is gonna work as you want it with an app out of Logitech software.

Could you please disable the 3rd in the line "Kein video" from Device Manager, then restart the Logitech cam app and without closing it, and then go to the Teamviewer app again and see if something changed?

Also, did you download the latest camera drivers from the Logitech support website?

If this not give a result, then I'm afraid that these extra features of the cam like zoom must be available only within Logitech's software, as they build it for taking the control of the camera and applying on the captured image some extra features and maybe filters as well.

Let me know the results, please.

Best regards

• The 3rd Option "Kein Video" is german for "no video". This is no Device i can disable, it is just the oportunity to disable the videoinput for blizz.

i dont think that the cameradriver for the hardware changes anything with the virtual device: "logi capture" because:

1. the hardware device works with logi capture and blizz

2. the virtal device "logi captur is independent from the camera and can also for example show the desktop.

on my opinion it is quite clear, that there some work needs to be done in the blizz software. logi capture for example works perfect with youtube in the browser. logitech is one of the famosed companys for accessories. the blizz software detect the virtual logi capture device, because the error massege is diffrent when "logi capture" is closed (like the camera is not connected).

• Vatsilidis

Hi

I know Logitech's rumor and quality! it is high rated and worth it.

Please have you update the camera driver and also the logi capture software to the latest updates from Logitech website?

Please try this by uninstalling the previous first.

Best regards

• I check the logitech website for driver updates. the recommentet software ist the logi capture software, as you can see in the support request:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**33-C920-Pro-HD-Webcam

i check the software-version from my computer to the latest version. they are equal.

• Vatsilidis

Please, could you give a look at this post, because as I mentioned at the beginning, it has happened again and it was the device drivers issue. 

Do you have another computer or another hard drive to test this combination with other Windows versions, like Windows 7 or 8?

Thank you and best regards

• the post you linkerd to closes with "Now waiting for a fix from teamViewer" ...well me too.

you can always tell: thats an driver issue. because at the end it is an communication problem between the driver of the virtual device and blizz.

its like if you are a german guy witch whants to communicate with an other guy witch only talks: english, french, spanish, russian and portuguese. you can always tell, thats te fault of the other guy, because he dont talks german... i think you get the point

i think you can easy reproduce the isue by installing the logi capture software from logitech. you dont need the hardware device, because the logi capture can also use your desktop als input.

i dont have an other windows device, and from an it security perspective i hope nobody is using win7 or 8 anymore.

• Vatsilidis

Mr. @kleinUNDhilflos , at first please try to understand that I am trying to help you and not to hide under the carpet some bug. I totally understand how it feels to buy a very good camera and waiting to communicate as you would expecting because you pay for it, but not happening because of this strange issue.

The comments of this user "Now waiting for a fix from teamViewer" is not meaning that it is a TeamViewer fault either Logitech's fault! Maybe it has to do with something that I either haven't see it before or who knows, maybe it is something much simplest than we didn't think about it.

I tried to reproduce in my Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) this issue but the Logitech app didn't recognize the webcam. However, I would recommend some more tricks and see what will happen. I think a good try will be to install another 3rd party camera manager and see if it will work with your camera features. For example, this is a good start to try it and there are many more on the web. Please give it a try.

As for the other Windows versions, I can ensure you that there are plenty of computers in the market running Windows 7, 8 and guess what, running even Vista and the unforgettable XP (before a couple of months I saw a Windows 98 pc in working condition - OMG)! But this is another conversation anyways.

I hope you to eliminate this issue and work as it must be.

Thanks again and I'll be happy to hear from you again.

Best regards

• I understand that you want to help me, but it seems that this is beyond your ability.

My criticism is therefore not aimed at you personally, but at the company you work for.

For IT security reasons, I cannot install any software on my device.

But I will take her advice and use other software for online meetings.

"Cisco **Third Party Product** Meetings" recognized the virtual camera directly and I was able to work with it without any problems. I will cancel my blizz subscription.

Thank you very much.

• Vatsilidis

You are very welcome!

Best regards

• Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem. :( 

@kleinUNDhilflos **Third Party Product** ALSO cannot use "Logitech Capture" as webcam source. They also report "failed to start webcam". So no reason only to blame Teamviewer. <3

@Vatsilidis Might I ask for Teamviewer's ambition to solve this issue by contacting Logitech's product development and trying to solve the issue TOGETHER? (Whoever's developers might need to tweak something). It would be a great win-win(-win <that's us customers :) ).

Keep going, we enjoy Teamviewer ein blizz very much.

Everybode stay healthy and best regards,

BeeJay

• just for information

i testet some online meeting software the last weeks, the only software witch dosent work with logi captur was blizz

i tested:

**Third Party Product**

**Third Party Product**

**Third Party Product**

**Third Party Product**

• Thank you for your reply,

• **Third Party Product** does not work
    • **Third Party Product** WORKS

maybe Teamviewer and **Third Party Product** use the same (failing) API, and the others use another.

I'd be very happy if Teamviewer had enough ambitions to contact Logitech to tackle this issue. @kleinUNDhilflos If a find any solution, I'll keep you updated here! :)

• i am quiet happy with **Third Party Product**  there is one importent date i keep blizz as backup, after that i cancel my subscribtion.

• Chrischmi
    Chrischmi Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same problem here. Works with all 3rd party products, I tested, without any problems. I tested successfully with several products of a huge software company from Redmond and with the one which is a synonym for enlarging a camera picture. ;-)

Does not work with neither TeamViewer itself nor Blizz. In both cases it wants me to install a camera driver.

Looks like TeamViewer/Blizz has a real problem here. Should be fixed by TeamViewer as Logitech Capture software and Logitech C920 (and similar Logitech cameras) are the most common webcams in business desktop environments.

I have opened a support case via the feedback function as well.

• BeeJay711
    BeeJay711 Posts: 3

Hey Teamviewer, any news on this?