Blz file don't have sound

Vaiz1982
Vaiz1982 Posts: 3
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

My .blz files dont have sound - how can I fix it? I have Mac.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jaquie
    Jaquie Posts: 93

Dear @Vaiz1982

Thank you for contacting us.

Please make sure that the option Record participant's video and VoIP is selected under the Preferences in the Meeting section. 

Also make sure that you have the latest version of the Blizz client. For Mac, it is the Version 13.5.2886.105681 - 

If the issue persists and you have purchased a Blizz license, please raise a ticket here by sending us your Blizz invoice number. 

Regards, 

Jaquie

• ezett
    ezett Posts: 1

The issue seems to appear only if a participant joins the meeting with the new Blizz Web Client, so voice recording does not seem to be implemented there, yet. A temporary workaround might be to ask users joining with the web client to keep the muting on and additionally dial in via telephone. But I would very much appreciate if the voice recording could be added to the Web Client.

• Jaquie

Hello @ezett

Thank you for your contribution. 

There are some features which are indeed not available with the Blizz Web Client yet. For those users who might need additional features, we do recommend that your participants donwload the full version of Blizz.

Stay tunned as more options are added to our web client!

@Vaiz1982, please do confirm with  us if the recordings that you meant included participants joining with the web client. Thank you!

Cheers. 

Jaquie

• ABER
    ABER Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hello,

I have been using Blizz with license for a while and I enjoy the feature to record weekly meetings so clients not able to join can catch up later.

However, it seems the sound is not working in the recorded files anymore (I recently changed to Windows 10). This despite my microphone working perfectly well for all participants during the meeting, the sound does not "stick" on the recorded Blz-file.

Last week I managed to finally get it working in a Blz-file by removing and re-installing blizz and record the meeting all over again. But this time I have not been able to solve it..

Does your recordings come with sound every time in windows 10?

• Jaquie

Dear @ABER

Thank you for contacting us. 

In your case we will need to investigate further. You mentioned that you have a Blizz license. Therefore, I kindly ask you to send us your license details through here.

We are looking forward to hearing from you and have a nice Tuesday!

Jaquie

• Jaquie

Dear @ABER

Thank you for your update and your contribution on the workaround. 

We just tested this internally and were able to reproduce the problem. The voice of the Presenter is not being recorded, do you get the same?

We confirm with you that we have already forwarded the information to the developers. 

Cheers, 

Jaquie

• ABER

Hello,

Yes I get the same, no sounds i being recorded.

Thank you,
    Kind regards

• Jaquie

Thank you for your response @ABER

Have a nice Tuesday! :smileyhappy:

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 2

none of my recording  have sound either  in windows,  and makes them useless.  also during meetings I cannot hear audio of the participants.  so  all recordings are just video,  making them useless  and all that time  wasted  making them.

Guess it will  just be easier to cancel than to try to figure this  out and get any support.  and go back to something that  is free,  no sense paying for something that doesnt work  as expected and is a pain in the arse to  get working and  or to get support.

• Jaquie

Dear @Elijah

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

We very much regret that you feel like you have not recieved the assistance that you deserve. 

As we have informed all of our customers and users who have contacted us in regards to this issue, this is a bug that our developers are working on. There is however a workaround to temporary get the files with sound. Open your files, click on convert and choose the Codec Cinepak by Radius (Already available with Windows 10). This will convert your files to .avi format with the recorded sound. On this thread you will find the discussion in regards to the same workaround. 

Rest assured that your feedback is also being received by our Blizz Product Management and we certainly look forward to keeping you as a valued customer and user. 

Best, 

Jaquie

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 2

nothing like paying for service that comes with  bugs!  you have wasted  a lot of my time.  

Please help me cancel and I will lodge disputes with my credit card  issuer  for ll charges for **bleep** poor service.

its real  **bleep** to  actuaLLY  CHARGE SOMEONE  FOR  SOME **bleep** THAT DOESNT WORK.   thanks  for the  info,  and I guess this is why  I have been mostly ignored,  maybe  you should  take some of the money  you "stole"  from users for software thnat doesnt work to fix it?  its fraud,  real simple!  Maybe  I should sue  for  damages?>  you  have harmed me,  and your deceptive practice is  noted!

• Jaquie

Dear Elijah, 

You have been refunded in full. Please allow up to 2 days for the refund to be reflected in your account. Your Subscription has of course, been cancelled as well. 

We wish you a pleasant day. 

Jaquie

• ABER

Dear,

For me, everything works fine with the latest update, and I'm happy.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards
    Aber