Can´t convert my recordings

jrgmll
jrgmll Posts: 4
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Hi,

Im giving an online course so i decided updating to "crew". Once i finish my classes i need to save them and send the recordings to an online platform, so the students can review the lessons but not download.

To proceed to convert my files to a "normal" format i open the .blz and click "convert" button. I patienly wait for...3 hours maybe, for each file and finally i have an AVI file i can't open in any of my usual video software.

I have tried and mixed almost every codec and resolution combination but i am not able to open the file once is converted into AVI. I click the file and the best combination only gets that i can hear the sound but not the image.

My questions: Any free codec pack to fix this? Why this strange way of making life a little harder with only .blz format? Any blizz update coming next where you can choose another more worldwide format? any easy and faster solution?  I thought i could give my classes with Blizz so i updated to "crew" but if there is not an easy solution i feel sorry but i will have to finish my suscription.

Kind regards,

Jorge L.

Best Answer

Answers

• Malemo
    Malemo Posts: 11

Hi jrgmll,
    Thank you for your message.

After you convert your Blizz video to an AVI file, you should be able to read it on normal video software for exemple Windows Media Player.

For such case (technical issue) please open a Support ticket here: https://blizz.com/en/submit-a-ticket/.

Enter your details and then select "I have a support question"
    We will assist you further, as soon as we receive the ticket.

Thank you and take care,

Cheers,

Joel

• jrgmll
    Thanks Malemo. I have converted my blz file to AVI format, but firstly i have set the configuration quality to 0.4, and now i have a 5 GB of AVI file (before was 14GB). The important question now for me is: is there any plan from Blizz staff of make it easier or directly offer several video formats to record??? This way of conversion is too though for me and suposse a lot of time. Thank you so much.
  • jrgmll

Thanks a lot Malemo for your quick reply.

Kindest regards,

Jorge L.