Can someone join a meeting without downloading Blizz?

tygarmon
tygarmon Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Is it possible to join a blizz meeting through a browser in case they can't download the application to their computer?

Thanks,

Ty

Comments

• PeterBrunner
    PeterBrunner Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠

Not yet, but coming soon ...

• LS2
    LS2 Posts: 1

What is the current standing on this? When is there going to be a browser-based solution?

• PeterBrunner

It will be released this spring.

• Arndt
    Arndt Posts: 1

Hi Peter,

any news on this topic? Currently I'm evaluating different solutions for our company and one big issue is the in browser session.

Thank you very much in advance!

Arndt

• PeterBrunner

It will be coming before end of May and basically look much like the new UI of Blizz which we have just released. It will be for joining meetings only.

Feel free to submit a ticket if you want to get in touch with someone.

• rohan_sp
    rohan_sp Posts: 1

Any update on this?

• PeterBrunner

We have started rolling out our web client in Germany,

US, UK, CA to follow next week and the rest of the world within the two weeks after.

• GeraldM
    GeraldM Posts: 3

Dear Mr. Brunner,

I bought the Company license and I would like to have a meeting next week (06.07.2018) with around 90 participants, I would like to have the settings in a way that the participants don't have to download Blizz.

You have written, that the web client was released a week ago. How can I use it when I as a participant only have a web browser and I don't want to install the client?

I would really appreciate it iif you could answer as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

• Malemo
    Malemo Posts: 11

Dear Gerald,

Thank you for your message. 

The web client is already available. Please use the following link to participate in a meeting without having to download the software: https://go.blizz.com/logon

You can also send an invitation via email through Calendar > New Meeting > Invite. The participants will receive a link for the web client as well. 

Please let us know in case you have any further questions. 

Joel 

• GeraldM

Hello Joel, 

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, it does not work as described. 

When I go to the link https://go.blizz.com/logon and enter the meeting ID and click on "join meeting" I still have to download the the file Blizz_setup-idm85...exe and execute it. 

With the current security policies, I cannot force a participant to install an .exe file that is unknown to them. 

I would like to know how TeamViewer will resolve this problem. If this problem is not solved, I do not see the use for Blizz in our company in a future. For this reason, your TeamViewer version offers the option to use the browser as well. 

Best regards, 

• Jaquie
    Jaquie Posts: 93

Dear @GeraldM

Thank you for your response. 

The Blizz Web Client is available only in Germany at the moment. If you are in Germany you should see the next options when you try to join a meeting:

Join a meeting.pngIn case you are not in Germany, you will be able to use the web client within the next couple of weeks. 

Have a lovely Monday. 

Jaquie

• GeraldM

Hallo Jaquie,

Thank you for your answer which is naturally for me (in Austria) not very fortunate. Additionally, I have planned a meeting in Tallinn with 90 participants, for this reason the availability in 2 weeks is too late. 

Do I have any chance that somehow (a special meeting ID, a special,  unoffcial login link) works?

Thank you for your help. 

Gerald. 

• Jaquie
    Jaquie Posts: 93

Dear @GeraldM

Thank you for your response. 

I regret to inform you that there is no additional option to join a meeting for the rest of the countries as it is already programmed internally. 

The Blizz Web Client will be available within the next week or the next couple of weeks. Naturally while the software is there you can work with the client installed. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Cheers, 

Jaquie

• sallyb
    sallyb Posts: 2
    What is the status on this? I've been reading the thread and it seems like everyone (myself included) is being misinformed. I live in the US. I was informed back in July that by August 2018 my participants would be able join a video meeting with me. I see that you've provided others with false deadlines as well. Please once and for all provide an honest and accurate and truthful reply about the dates this will be available in each Country that you will serve. Thanks in advance.
  • sallyb
    sallyb Posts: 2
    whooops. to be clear and specific I need to know when my participants will be able to join my blizz meeting via VIDEO and be able to use the text/chat feature as well all through browser without having to download please.
  • PeterBrunner
    Video and chat in the web client will be coming late this / early next year.
  • We just bought the company license and you still need to install a client for video calls? Any updates on this? 

• Hi Jaquine,

I am German and I would like to invite a person for a VC. He want to join via Mozilla internet browser (and cannot download the client in his company).

Please can you tell me the exact link, where he can chose for joining via browser. I am refering to your reply from 04th June 2018.

Thank you Heike

• PeterBrunner

This is not possible anymore.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 6

Is there a reason that this is not offered? That is a real disadvantage compared to eg Microsoft Teams. Often when I invite 3rd parties they tell me they are not allowed to download apps,

• dartwin
    dartwin Posts: 3 ✭✭

What an embarrassing thread! How many false promises! Here's how a company can lose credibility in the time it takes to read these answers.

Too bad I didn't do it before I bought the license ...

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 6

Just to be certain: We keep using Blizz because compared to the others they offer the best e2ee. We just want to know if there is a reason behind not just using the browser, e.g. maybe the download of the app would then be needed to be replaced cookies.