Stop automatic outlook opening

Michael301
Michael301 Posts: 6
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

When i plan a new meeting in the calndar and hit the button save, my (uninstalled) outlook tries to install itself.

I use thunderbird as a mailing-service. (it is also set as standard application for emails)

I always have to close the automatically opend outlook-windows which can get a little annoying.

Any Idea how I can switch of the automatic outlook opening?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Michael301 

Are you using the Windows calendar?

This could be searching as default to open the Outlook when an event alarm arises.

Best regards

• Hi Vatsilidis,

Thanks for your fast reply. But no, I don't use windows calendar.

I use my calendar within Thunderbird.

I also postet a screenshot with the problem. every time when i am hitting "new meeting" i have this reaction.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Michaeloutlook problem.jpg

• Vatsilidis

Now it is a bit more clear.

Have you tried to turn off Outlook auto-accept of meeting invites?

This guide shows how to do it in an older version, but I assume there aren't much differences in your Outlook version.

Check and update, please.

• Hmmm... no, unfortunately it didn't work. I looked in Outlook (options, calendar, scheduling automatic. ) All options are unchecked (screenshot). I can't even uncheck the boxes.

When I klick on meeting (I asume) there has to be a procedure in the backround in the sense "open outlook calendar create a meeting with the following content...".

How can I forbid Blizz to communicate with outlook? How can I change the procedure?outlook problem2.jpg

• Vatsilidis

At this post says how to uninstall MS Office integration. I guess in the same way you can uninstall it!

Could you give it a try and update, please?

• At the moment it is not even installed (screenshot)

To uninstall it I need to install it first. Should I do that? Outlook problem3.jpg

• Vatsilidis

Well, it is a bit strange, but yes, try to install it, then restart the app and uninstall it.

If continues to happen, then I would suggest to you to uninstall completely the Blizz app, reboot the machine and reinstall it.

• so I did as you said.

But the problem continues to exists. But you know, yes it is a little bit annoying but it doesen't stop me from working. So I can live with that bug.

Thanks for your help!