background blur or change in video conference

Golf129
Golf129 Posts: 1
edited January 2021 in Ideas Hub

I am wondering whether it is possible to blur or change the background during video conferences like some other softwares can? Thank you very much.

6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• PeterBrunner
    PeterBrunner Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠

Not out of the box but you can use other tools doing so and then just select them as input cam.

• Chrischmi
    Chrischmi Posts: 3 ✭✭

Such as? Do you have an example for me, @PeterBrunner? I tried Logitech Capture, but this won't work.

Best case, Blizz would support a greenscreen camera overlay, background blurr and background removal by default.

• PeterBrunner
    PeterBrunner Posts: 66 Staff member 🤠

For me ChromaCam worked but feels like high Blizz CPU load while using it.

Agreed for the feature requests.

• Would be goog to implement in TeamViewer, most other services like TeamViewer already have it. Any chance to get this soon?

• Stefan_NRW
    Stefan_NRW Posts: 1

We need this feature, too. In Meetings it´s very desireable to be able to overlay the background. Also in much other conditions.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi everyone - please feel free to upvote this idea by hitting the upvote button in the initial post. This number will be reviewed by the product team 👍

Former Community Manager

• WiSy
    WiSy Posts: 1

We need a backgroundimage-feature too!

If I could hit the vote-button, Esther spoke of, I would do. But I got the info "You don't have permisson to do that.

But anyway, we will be happy, if you enable the feature in TeamViewer meeting. Thank you

• Esther

HI @WiSy

I will investigate what´s causing this permission issue and will give the permission accordingly!

Thanks for informing us!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi again @WiSy

I found the issue and corrected it. You can now upvote the idea. Thanks again!!

Former Community Manager

• Wil_W
    Wil_W Posts: 1

We need a background and or possibility to blur the screen during a video conference