IPAD4 with iOS 10.3.3 - no connection allowed using latest TW version- HELP !

Hello everyone,

cannot remote my Dad's iPAD4th with iOS 10.3.3 using TW, as i have to run the iOS11 update first. This iPAD doenst support newer iOS than the one actually installed.

Should i use an old TW version and if yes, where can i find it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Ziggy3D
    Ziggy3D Posts: 4

Hello everyone,

Cannot remote my Dad's iPAD4th with iOS 10.3.3 using TW, as i have to run the iOS11 update first. This iPAD doenst support newer iOS than the one actually installed.

Should i use an old TW version and if yes, where can i find it?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Ziggy3D,

Firstly, please note that this isn't a ticket system for support. This is a community for both free and paid users to assist each other with issues with the software. As moderators and staff we will chime in from time-to-time, but that is not the point here so calling this a "Deception" is not necessary.

Secondly, this is clearly outlined in our iOS FAQ which from your post I believe you have read. Screensharing is not available for anything lower than iOS11 and even for iOS11, you cannot control the remote screen.

This is a restriction of iOS and if there was a way to control iOS devices of course it would already have been posted.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Ziggy3D
    Ziggy3D Posts: 4
    Hi Scotty,
    thanks for ur reply.
    Before starting the thread in the forum I send many requests using the TW in-App feature to report problems or having questions regarding TW itself. Well, no answer or reaction from any of the TW staff.
    Until I wrote this post in the forum, mentioning a "deception", I got a reply. Well, sorry but, this is indeed a deception, especially for a long time TW user like me.
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Ziggy3D

Unfortunately, With more than 200,000,000 users worldwide, we are not able to provide support to free users via Email or phone.

We aren't deceptive about this, we are very clear that we do not offer direct support to free users. That's why we have the Knowledgebase available to you where you can easily find this answer.

Like most free software and services, we simply do not have the manpower to provide personalised assistance to every free user. It simply isn't feasible no matter how long you have been using the free version.

The software only has the option to submit Feedback. This is not for asking questions about the software, it is so we can collect information about errors that people have for development. That's why it says "Feature requests or comments" and does not mention questions or support.Feedback1.PNG

After submitting feedback, to be extra clear, we also ask if you have questions or require support to go to our support page. The support page in turn directs free users here to the community and our paid users to either the community or our ticket system and phone numbers.

Feedback2.PNG

The answer you were after is a simple search in the community away. We never advised that you can get in contact with a staff memeber directly and if we attempted to answer every person who had this exact question personally we would be in for a very uphill battle.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • ep-tv
    ep-tv Posts: 1

Good morning, Scotty.

Was there ever a version that would work with iOS 10?  The inability to work with iOS 10 is a real show-stopper here.  For reasons far beyond the scope of this note, this iPad can not be upgraded to iOS 11 or beyond.  Thanks...

• Thanks God, I am not alone with this issue !