Customer ticket creation without teamviewer account

Is there a way for our customers to submit a ticket via the customer portal without signing up for a team viewer account? Just because our company uses teamviewer does not mean all our users at their various companies do, this seems unnecessary for submitting a service desk ticket. Is there any way around this besides creating tickets from inbox monitoring?

Best Answer

Answers

• I would also like to know this, it seems like a very useful tool but i can't ask all of my customers to create teamviewer accounts just so they can submit a ticket.

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello jrivard,

I see your problem, is there no option that your costumers E-Mail their problems to you and that you then make the ticket for them?

I hope this helps.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • That is how we use Servicecamp at the moment yes and it works very well, however if they try and use the 'customer portal' in servicecamp it requires the customer to log-in with a teamviewer account before they can submit a ticket.

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Dante2050,

The problem is if your costumers don't have a premium costumer account of teamviewer then they can not make a ticket on the site. (this come's from someone that not works at teamviewer)

I hope this helps

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Thank you for your reply, i realise that they can't get past the login screen without a temviewer account. But maybe there is a way to either:

A) allow customers to submit faults using just their e-mail address (if i add their e-mail address to the known customer list)
    or
    B) create a login on their behalf and e-mail them the details so they don't have to sign up themselves.

Some of my customers don't use TeamViewer and would be reluctant to sign up for an account that they only use when they need technical assistance.

• SofDigital
    SofDigital Posts: 2

Bump! I agree. Ability for cutomers to submit tickets without creating a TV account would be very useful for MSPs. 

• Dante2050
    Dante2050 Posts: 6

So what do they use as a password?

I get that an account gets created when they e-mail in their first ticket, but how do they log in to the portal without a password?

• Don't take this the wrong way, but to me the answer seemed quite simple... I had to test it to be sure:

All they need to do is go to the portal login page and "Sign Up" (using the email address of the ticket they emailed in). Once they receive the email that the login was created, they click on "Forgot Password" at the portal login and they will receive an email that has them setup a password. That's it.

• Dante2050
    Dante2050 Posts: 6

Right so it can't be done without having the customer create a teamviewer account, which brings us back to the original topic of the post, unfortunately i'm dealing with people who either can't be bothered to create an account to use the portal, or don't have the confidence to sign up themselves.

I was hoping it would be possible to create an account on their behalf and either issue them a password or send them a link to make the process easier.

Thank you for your answers anyway, I was confused when the topic was marked solved.

• It does make the whole thing moot. From my experienc with customers like that, if they won't even setup an account, they're not going to even bother to use the portal if you set it up for them.

Seriously, if a person won't click "Sign Up", enter their name, email and a password, they're not going to "be bothered" to use the portal in the first place.

What we need, especially for those types, is a DESKTOP APPLICATION where all they need to do is click-to-open and there it all is. We, the support companies, can install and set it up for them.

• The problem with clients that use email to send support tickets is lacking the ability to have your own customized web form to ask the specific questions you'd like to ask the client when creating a ticket in the first place.

Moreover, no client wants to track another set of credentials for their employees just to create support tickets. 

Ideally, having a public portal without sign-in and with the ability to create a customized web form would be ideal. 

Since you don't need credentials to send a support ticket by email, what's the difference of having a portal without credentials either???

• Phil3
    Phil3 Posts: 3

Absolutely agree that use of the support portal without a TV account is critical. We have custom fields, so we'd prefer to steer clients to our portal instead of just bouncing incoming emails. However, much as I like TeamViewer, I am not going to be their recruiter and require all my clients, who are already terrified of security issues, to sign up for anything to submit a support tyicket. This is probably a full stop for us, since our current ticket service (Cayzu) allows users to submit from their portal without creating an account. We'd hoped to move to ServiceCamp, but now looks doubtful.

• MartinKobienia
    MartinKobienia Posts: 4 Staff member 🤠

Hello everyone,

just popping in to let you know that we've implemented your feedback. When setting up a customer portal (or editing an existing one), you can now choose "Make 'Submit New Ticket' page available without sign in", which allows your users to create tickets without any TeamViewer account. 

2018-07-12 09_35_13-training.png

Of course, this ticket form automatically uses the customization of your portal, and users with existing accounts can still sign in to see a history of their tickets. Give it a try and let us know what you think about it! 

Cheers,

Martin

Insert acceptable signature content here
  • Hi We tried to create a portal with this option ticked but it still asks for an account when the customer visits the page