Add-in stopped working after removing IE

We have blocked Internet Explorer in our servers and now the Servicecamp Add-in stopped working with an error. We do have an internet connection.

Add-in Error
Sorry, we can't load the add-in. Please make sure you have network and/or internet connectivity. Click retry once you'r back online.
P1: Apps for Office
P2: 16.0.11929.20436
P3: 0x800C0005

How can we make Servicecamp add-in find the internet connection?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @itnorway 

You have removed the Internet Explorer or you have blocked it? I am asking as the title of your post is different than the description of your issue.

If you blocked it, how did you do? Did you use Group Policies, did you use AppLocker, have you denied access by system wights? In which way?

It is a bit complicated the matter of blocking an application.

Best regards

• itnorway
    itnorway Posts: 13 ✭✭

We have blocked access in the firewall to all internet sites in IE and opened up for some of our intranet sites that still require use of IE. We can open up for external IP's if you have one that the Add-in is using?

• Vatsilidis

To better understand please:

If you disable this restriction in the firewall for a minute and restart the TeamViewer application, it will work?

Did you try to use the whitelist for websites to the firewall settings for the IE, to let it communicate and see the results?

• itnorway

Hi, 

The add-in stopped immediately after implementing this.

We can whitelist but will need the adr or IP the add-in is using.

• Vatsilidis

Could you try to run a "find website IP address lookup" trough Google? 

It will bring you many websites that return you the IP address from the website you are searching for.

I hope this helps to solve it.

Best regards

• itnorway

What website should I search for? Your developers should know which IP the Servicecamp add-in communicates with on your server(s)?

• itnorway

Hi, still no solution? Please check my last post.

• Vatsilidis

Hi

You can always contact the support with a phone call working days and hours, or open a ticket in order to get further assistance with your issue.

Best regards