In case anyone cares, here's the right way to roll out a customized host client to Windows machines via GPO. I think this process has been around for a while and I remember using it a long time ago. Kinda fell off my radar, until just stumbling on it again. /derp
1. Get the MSI installer, your API token, and Custom config ID from your Design and Deploy page.
2. Download and install Orca if you don't have it already: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/orca-exe
3. Follow the loose instructions here LINK to create your transform file (mst) along with custom properties. You will set your API token, Custom config ID, and other assignment options here. Set the IMPORTREGFILE value to 1. Here's what mine looks like:
4. As an admin (just in case your policy prevents non-admins to make changes) , Install and setup a client manually using the settings you like. Include the 'Personal Password' or easy access here if you prefer. (The personal password inclusion is the big one for me.)
5. From the Advanced setting on that client, scroll all the way down and export the registry file. **This file name must be "TeamViewer_Settings.reg". Make sure to include the user specific settings and personal password if set like below:
5. Put the MSI, MST, and reg file you exported in the same folder in a share with read access on your network.
6. Again, referencing this LINK, create your GPO and add the software package using the Advanced deployment opiton. On the Modifications tab, add your MST file. Click OK to save.
7. Link that GPO to the test OU your test workstation is in. Run "gpupdate /force" on that workstation and restart.
8. Test, verify, tweak, test, verify, tweak, etc...
9. Roll it out to all your Windows machines.
Hope this helps someone.
... View more