I noticed that too a few days ago. Im an IT student from stuttgart in germany using the iOS app on my mobile to regulary check my home PC. The App caims to stop the session after 5 minutes (which would be sufficient for most I do), while in reality closing the connection after about 5-10 seconds forcing a long wait and on the next session closing again after few seconds. Im running my gaming Teamspeak server at home, my astryphysics website which is a hobby of mine and got a mailserver on my NAS, which I had to save up for half a year to afford. Maybe those are indicators for the software to determine commercial usage; which is kinda stupid, since my Windows version is Win10Educational and its only being accessed from my mobile ever (rarely using my notebook). All 3 devices are registered as my own in the account and are logged in from the same public IP most of the time (when Im at home). It should be fairly easy to recognize them as having the same owner. I wonder who is responsible for the algorithm determining commercial usage. Funny fact is I was considering of applying for an internship at their place :-) Initiallly I used my raspberry to open tunnels for remote desktop connections, since I couldnt access my home PC from the university network otherwise. The iOS app was like a savior, since it saved me the hassle of using my notebook or university PC for the task. Simply connecting from my mobile was much easier. Having to switch back to remote desktop connections, VNC and the like is kind of sad... but since I cannot afford 60€ a month as a student.
... View more