As announced earlier, TeamViewer discontinued server support for TeamViewer (Classic) 8-10 on September 15th, 2021.

This article applies to all customers connecting to older TeamViewer (Classic) versions and customers with legacy licenses for TeamViewer (Classic) versions 8-10 that received complimentary access to TeamViewer (Classic) 15.

We informed affected customers about this step via email, our Community as well as awareness popups starting in December 2020.

In July 2021, TeamViewer starts another measure to make sure all affected devices will get an update to the latest version before the final discontinuation of server support for TeamViewer (Classic) 8-10 on September 15th, 2021.

This measure includes

• a PopUp notification
  • and a limitation of sessions to 5 minutes. The 5 minutes give you enough time to perform a remote update to continue using TeamViewer (Classic) without a time limitation with TeamViewer (Classic) 15.

🚨 Those measures are aiming to reach all affected users and devices for guaranteeing the best service possible and to ensure a smooth transition to the TeamViewer (Classic) 15.

📌Please keep in mind

• that a (remote) update needs to be performed before September 15th, 2021 and
  • that no connection will be possible after September 15th, 2021 to devices running TeamViewer (Classic) 8, 9, or 10 and
  • that the 5-minute limitation will continue until the update to TeamViewer (Classic) 15.

What do I have to do

Please update all devices to TeamViewer (Classic) 15.

Updates can be performed locally and remotely. Learn how below.

How do I update TeamViewer (Classic)

Please see this article to learn how to update TeamViewer (Classic):

📄 How do I update TeamViewer (Classic)? - TeamViewer (Classic) Support

This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users. General TeamViewer (Classic) is offering new updates to its software on a monthly basis. A TeamViewer (Classic) subscription plan includes all updates both major and minor. Please feel free to always update your software directly. You can update your TeamViewer (Classic) application on your own devices and…