TeamViewer Remote Access on Synology DS213J

Options
Jabocom
Jabocom Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hi

I have installed the Teamviewer package (from the package centre) on my NAS, assigned it to my Teamviewer account and when I open Teamviewer on my remote Windows laptop can see in 'My Computers' the NAS is 'Online'. When clicking the Remote Control I just get 'Connection not established' (Authentication Cancelled)

Even on the Teamviewer IOT Dashboard, I can see the NAS is online in devices. My NAS is connected to the WAN through my gateway (Router). I've tried for weeks to solve the issue of being able to directly login to the NAS instead of having to connect to my home PC (with Teamviewer) and then access it through the browser. I also have 2-step authentication on the NAS, but assume Teamviewer would give me the DSM login screen..?

Can anybody point me to a solution including any possible router settings, that is preventing access to the NAS via Teamviewer. My other option is to use an SSL cert and domain name as I do not want to use Quickconnect for security reasons.

Comments

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @Jabocom 

From you message it could be that your device is not assigned to your account.

After adding the device in your “Computer and Contacts” list you need to assign it.

To do that, click on the device, and on the top right in TeamViewer App you will have the “settings menu” for this device (pic below with the menu). Click on “Assign to account” enter the password for TeamViewer Synology App and the assignment is done and you should be able to connect.

Regards,

Mircea

assign.png

Tech Support IoT

• Jabocom
    Options

Hi Mircea

The NAS is definitely assigned to my account both the local Teamviewer app and the app on the Synology NAS confirm this.

(also I do not get the assign to account selection on the local Teamviewer app) as its already assigned

• Jabocom
    Options

Screenshot 2020-11-11 205648.png

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @Jabocom 

Can you please sent in a private message the log files from Synology TeamViewer Agent - connect via a Browser and click on "Download Support Information" and the logs from the PC that you are trying to connect by downloading  and run this

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT