Couldn't log on. Why?

ROKSlide
ROKSlide Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Today I was invited to participate in a meeting with several other individuals in different locations. By email I received the login link, meeting ID and password. Upon clicking on the link, it went to my Safari browser. A dialogue box said that if it didn't load, I should download the application. It didn't load, so I downloaded the application. After opening it in Finder, a small page appeared with a left column of potential selections. I selected Meetings. That page was split in two and on the right side was a place to insert the meeting ID. It claimed no such meeting exited, even though I was listening to the meeting on a land line curtesy of one of the participants. I then noticed at the upper of the left column LOGIN. I then did so and actually created an account. However, when I then went back to the page to join the meeting, there was a white backed dialogue box in front of the original page (shadowed) that requested my email and password, which I entered. A message stated that the information was invalid. After uninstalling and reinstalling, the same occurred. I tried the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge, each time uninstalling and reinstalling, always with the same result. My computer: iMac, 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, Big Sur v. 11.2.2. What should I do to rectify this problem? I will need to participate in many of these meeting in the future. All the other participants had no trouble logging in.