Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.17.6

Options
Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2021 in TeamViewer Remote

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.17.6

Release date: 2021-04-27

New features

Bug Fixes

• [64bit version] Fixed a bug in Remote Control sessions to Windows 7 which prevented the mouse cursor from changing its shape when expected (e.g. to text cursor).

Former Community Manager

Comments

• cramoty
    cramoty Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

It's good news that we can use TFA for connections.

Can we force TFA for users using policy-setting at ManagementConsole?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi @cramoty

Thanks for your question. Currently, it is not possible to enforce this new feature via the MCO.

Our product team is eager to receive all ideas and feedback and enhancement requests regarding the new feature to make sure we work on the right tasks. Would you mind adding this as an idea to our Ideas Hub?

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Dw_Louttit8
    Dw_Louttit8 Posts: 1
    Options

I recently purchased and set up 2 Dell computers running Windows 10 Home. My 92 year old mothers PC had a hardware failure and had to be replaced. She lives 60 miles away with a large metro area between us Not an easy drive. I Installed the 15.17.6 32 bit version on both PCs and verified I could remotely connect when I set it up. I dropped the new PC at my mothers last week and when she needed some assistance. I tried to remote in and I get the error that her PC is running and older version of TeamViewer and I could not connect. I walked her through the update and she got the message that she has the latest version. It is the same version that I have. Does anybody know what the problem may be?

• tpjasper
    tpjasper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

VERY HAPPY to see this new feature (I suggested this 5 years ago!).

However it seems redundant and frankly super annoying to ping everyone's phone when I connection is made.

Surely the 2FA request should only be sent to the phone of the person connecting to the computer (if that persons phone is registered as a device).

As a team we often have a scenario where multiple team viewer users connect to a common PC. Obviously I would like to secure these connections by adding each user's mobile to Teamviewer TFA. However this will get very annoying quickly when EVERYONE gets a notification every time ANYONE connects to the common PC.

Great feature, But I seriously can't use it if this isn't improved.