Installation failing at assignment stage

Options

Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot our installation package we use to deploy TV on Host machines. We use PDQ to handle deployment, and until about two weeks ago everything was going fine. All of a sudden our package kept failing at the Assignment step, and gave us the following error message:

TeamViewer_Assignment (r341)..........=> Assignment failed with: Reading datafile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json' failed with: File not found

Since our package was still installing version 12, I decided to take the opportunity to make a new package that would install version 15. I followed the instructions on this page:

I downloaded the MSI package from our "Design and Deploy" page and used this as a basis for the install package:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOURIDCCODE
ping -n 31 127.0.0.1>nul
Path\To\TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token=YOURTOKEN --grant-easy-access

What I'm not clear about is where the TeamViewer.exe file is supposed to come from. It's not a part of the MSI package and isn't mentioned in the guide above. Where am I supposed to get this file from? I just ended up downloading a generic TV installer and using that, but I'm guessing that's not the correct way to do this.

I have those three lines broken into three steps for the installer. Steps 1 and 2 complete successfully, but 3 never does, it just runs forever and never generates an error code. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you!

Comments