TeamViewer Some Devices Not Being Assigned to Account

Options

Hello all,

We are currently deploying an old version of TeamViewer Host clients (15.20.6.0) and I have noticed a small portion of machines not getting assigned to our group/contacts list despite successfully installing. The install command we are using is as follows:

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXX APITOKEN=XXXXX ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --reassign"

We do not usually run into this problem where a computer is not populated into our TeamViewer group, and I found an old thread here that also explains a very similar issue at hand:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/120999/assignment-not-working

All in all, installs work completely fine, but several machines have not been assigned to our account.

Comments

• DarrenP
    DarrenP Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am deploying a new version of TeamViewer to our organization, and now majority of the devices are not getting assigned! I am using the same command-line as the previous deployment, yet devices are not getting assigned.

• RickSanchez
    RickSanchez Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Same here with v15.33.7. Previous version worked almost flawlessly, but they seem to break it repeatedly. This is very frustrating, and I'm already looking for alternatives. It's unacceptable, that such a crucial feature is not working reliably.

• RickSanchez
    RickSanchez Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

BTW: The last info that I got from support was to create a new custum host module which would generate a new customconfigid and apitoken. That worked well for the version in question, but now I wonder if I need to recreate values for every new version to have it work reliably?!