Synology DS1821+ Teamviewer Authentication rejected.

michaels2408
michaels2408 Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Teamviewer 2.21.16-7004 installed on DSM 7.1.1-42962 on a synology D1821+ with 4g ram. Team viewer opens and runs. Have added the Synology device to my account contact list. When you look at my device information, Teamviewer shows it is assigned to my account.

I am connecting with a laptop using Windows 11 and Teamviewer 15.33.7

When both devices are on the same network, the Synolgoy NAS does not show as a nearby device, and I continue to get error messages stating "Authentication rejected."

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated as I will not pay for a subcription until I have a working model.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠

Hi @michaels2408

From you message I got the info that the device is assigned to your account but if you are in the same LAN you cannot start the connection? This is the issue?

If the device is already assigned the nearby device is not active anymore.

Thank you,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• Tasio
    Tasio Posts: 1

Exact same issue. I am begining to suspect you don't support actually assigning devices to your business level accounts.

It's super clear that the options listed like in the setup instructions don't exist in my account, such as the "Assign to my account" button. Can you tell me if that is because of my license, or if the functions of Teamviewer recently changed?

Let's try not to answer anymore questions with a question please!