User Groups API

Options

I'm trying to set up an API to assign users to User Groups via Powershell.

I created a user Script Token under our Company Administrator account with the User Groups View/Edit roles.

When I run it against the GET /api/v1/usergroups endpoint, it returns A license is required to perform this action.

I can manually add users via the TeamViewer Client so the feature appears to be active with our current license. We have a Corporate license. Am I accessing this incorrectly or is this specific endpoint behind the Tensor wall? I am not trying to integrate it with Okta or anything else, this is purely a scripted API call via powershell.

Answers

• AntonDobschensky
    AntonDobschensky Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

Bump

• VaticanUK
    VaticanUK Posts: 1
    Options

I'm hitting this same problem.

If I use a token generated for my profile (which has a corporate license), I get "A license is required to perform this action".

If I use a token generated for my company (with all permissions enabled as a test), I get "Access token is of wrong type. You need a UserToken to call this function"

• AntonDobschensky
    AntonDobschensky Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

Hey VaticanUK, I spoke with TeamViewer's support team and they did some checking and confirmed that this API endpoint is Tensor only. They were going to work on adding that as a requirement in the documentation.