Connected Teamviewer account to sign-in with Google

Options
vnhai234
vnhai234 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

Long time ago, I created Teamviewer accoutn with my own gmail address. Now, I want to link my email to sign-in Google function. It is more convient to sign-in with Teamviewer.

I tried to do with sign-in Google, however, the Teaviewer server did not recognize my email.

How can I do it? Please advise

Thank you

Answers

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Options

Hi @vnhai234,

Happy to have you here in our community for the first time.

What we understand, from your post is that you´re trying to log in TeamViewer with your Google email account.

When you try to log in the TeamViewer Full Client or web version:

• Please verify that no typos in the email address field.
    • If there are no errors, you could reset your password. For this, please follow the instruction of this link Reset your account password

Please keep us posted on the results and if you still have the issue, please send us the screenshot with the error message.

We look forward hearing from you.

Have a nice day!

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

• vnhai234
    Options

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for your support. What I mean is that the "Continue with Google".

Using my own email (approach 1), I can succesfully login my Teamviewer account.

If you choose approach 2, using same Gmail account, it shows like this

What should I do to help Teamviewer recognizing the sign-in method.

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Options

Hi @vnhai234,

Thank you for taking you time to send us a screenshot.

We are happy that approach 1 is working.

However, we reproduce your approach 2, and in this case, we suggest cleaning the cookies in the settings of your browser. It should work now.

Please keep us posted on the results.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

• vnhai234
    Options

Thank you, but it is still not working for me.

Anyway, it is not a big problem. Thank you for your help and your time.

• Paiolo
    Paiolo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem and want to change the authentication method

• constantine_ketskalo
    constantine_ketskalo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

It has the same behavior for me as well. I hate it when someone claims to have something but it doesn't work.

Also at first attempt for some reason it was behaving a bit different. At first it asked me to enter some sort of encryption key. It made me go mad. How in the world am I supposed to know how did you implement that functionality, what is that encryption key and where am I supposed to find it. Then after I've logged into the management console, changed authentication type from trusted device to 2-factor authentication it started to say that it doesn't recognize the method I'm trying to login with. Even though my google account and email of the current account are the same.

Teamviewer, you really need to fix this.

• constantine_ketskalo
    constantine_ketskalo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Also why does you chat accept messages during hours when you don't work? I've spent some time typing things there, my first message was just gone missing without any explenations or errors displayed and then after like 10 messages I've noticed that it's not your working hours for support via chat. So frustrating...