Possibility to seperate services of teamviewer and teamviewer-host

Options
Minel_Lore
Minel_Lore Posts: 1
edited February 8 in Deployment & Integrations

Hey all,

I'm working on Debian packaging and stumple accross the issue, that teamviewer and teamviewer-host use the same service name for running, which is teamviewerd.

While this might be a very small issue in itself, it makes it difficult to seperate installation tasks from logs.

Why do I have an issue with this?

When setting up a system for a customer, I normally install teamviewer so remote support is easy. But some customers have different needs, where then teamviewer-host is installed for unattented remote access.

The package which defines teamviewer | teamviewer-host as pre-dependency in the first place does not care and takes teamviewer. But when teamviewer-host is needed, teamviewer needs to be removed and I explicitly tell apt to install teamviewer-host and my "parent"-package, so the pre-dependency is fullfilled per my apt-command, not by the package and apt selection.

After installation the parent-package then runs the license accept step and sets the password for teamviewer-host.

There is also the rare requirement to determine, if the service has been disabled for some reason by the customer (some are paranoid for remote access and want control over it).

So I'd like to find out, if that has been the case, by my pre-/postinst script of the parent package.

But with teamviewerd being the same for teamviewer and teamviewer-host this is not possible?

I can find out which package has been installed, which has been uninstalled, if teamviewerd has been activated, but with deactivation things get blurry.

Is it possible to add some small log entry by teamviewer* in journalctl, that explicitly says:

"teamviewer"- or "teamviewer-host"-service has been deactivated?

I guess it would be a feature-request to have teamviewer and teamviewer-host have different servicenames, but ultimatly that would be the best solution together with some more verbose log entries in journalctl.

Sorry, if I went overboard here and thanks for anyone taking time to read and answer!