Installed TeamViewer full client by mistake instead of TeamViewer Host, what to do?

Options

I'm a new user of a Remote Access license. Adding my first host but I Installed TeamViewer full client by mistake instead of TeamViewer Host

Best Answer

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TomDaComputerGuru,

Thank you for visiting the TeamViewer Community for help!

If you prefer to have TeamViewer Host installed on the device, simply uninstall the TeamViewer full client and also remove the settings, then download TeamViewer Host for a new installation.

Can you try the new installation of TeamViewer Host and keep me posted about your installation please.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TomDaComputerGuru,

Thank you for visiting the TeamViewer Community for help!

If you prefer to have TeamViewer Host installed on the device, simply uninstall the TeamViewer full client and also remove the settings, then download TeamViewer Host for a new installation.

Can you try the new installation of TeamViewer Host and keep me posted about your installation please.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • TomDaComputerGuru
    TomDaComputerGuru Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have now realized that I purchased the wrong product thinking it was a good deal for $25/month. However, it will not do what I need to do, in fact, I haven't used it yet. I need unlimited number of devices to connect to and be able to "remotely install Team Viewer Host" as many of my friends and clients are quite computer illiterate. I plan to contact sales to upgrade to Team Viewer Business for $50.90/month - from the Product Description, it looks like it would be the correct product for my use. Thak-you.