How to join a company if you are already part of one?

TeamPlayer42
TeamPlayer42 Posts: 4
edited 7:00PM in Account

I am an IT tech that needs to manage an existing account in our office. I am a part of a company through my TV account (one that used to have a license but no longer does, and I am taking over from someone who left the company anyway). But apparently one of our users separately created an account with a paid license (using our same email domain) and I need to take over/start managing that account as well. He sent me the Join Company link but I get an error saying that "Your account is already associated with a company. You cannot join another company." But that company is presumably the same company… So how do we get around this? Since my account is technically free I am using this option instead of the main support line.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,687 Moderator

Hi @Teamviewer42,

Thank you for messaging us in the Community for help!

As your colleague has already activated the TeamViewer license and created the Company profile, you may join the Company profile by trying to add existing users. Simply use this link - https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany then put down the colleague's email account to confirm the request. Please also check the user account permissions after successfully joining the company. I hope the information helps!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hi Ying,

Thank you. But when I click on that link (which is the same as the one I got from my colleague), I get an error saying:

• Hi, does anyone else have any suggestions? I added another user to our company but it's the one under my account, which is free. I need to unite this one with the account that has a paid license. It should be using the same email domain.

• TeamPlayer42
    TeamPlayer42 Posts: 4
    edited 6:57PM

Is there a way to disassociate with a company? The one I am a part of and the one my colleague is a part of (and created) have different names with TeamViewer, but we are the same company. How do we recitify this? I also tried renaming the company on my account to theirs but it didn't work.