TeamViewer is one of the winners of the European Customer Centricity Award 🥳
Please find more information here.
Exporting TeamViewer_settings.reg file Question
I'm using the TeamViewer documented method of rolling out TeamViewer host (TVH) 11, using SCCM.
- Setup groups, profiles etc.
- Create custom Host installer, and download MSI package
- Rename MSI file to include -idc<profile ID>
- Install this to a machine and confirm it has assigned to correct account and profile and group
- Configure TVH on hte test machine with unattended password, and other settings
- Export the settings to TeamViewer_Settings.reg file
- Include this .reg file in the same folder as the MSI file when I deploy package with SCCM
It all works as expected, but I notice that all the Hosts, when I right click System Tray icon and select 'About TeamViewer', show me 'License: Free', even though I have used a valid license in TeamViewer Management Console. Is this an issue?
I am wondering..... when I setup the Host on the initial test machine and exported the settings to .reg, should I have selected the option to 'Export License' and then entered the license details there? Would this then store the license in the .REG file and import it on any hosts that are installed based on that .REG file ? Is the license encrypted in the .REG file, or is it stored in clear text ?