TeamViewer is one of the winners of the European Customer Centricity Award 🥳
Please find more information here.
Mass deployment issues
We do have various issues with the mass deployment of Teamviewer 14. In our script we first uninstall any old version of TV, delete the TV folder and delete all old registry keys.
Then we use the following command to install:
msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=id APITOKEN=API ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME% --grant-easy-access --reassign"
On about 70% of the clients (update or freshly deployed) this works flawlessy, gets the correct config and assigns correctly to our account.
Now, for the clients we update it happens in the rest of the cases, that the config is correct but the account assignment does not work. So we basically have no way of connecting to those machines because they request a password which is not set.
Some of the hosts that are deployed to freshly installed clients will get the config and a TV ID but just not show up in our console, so I guess it's also the account assignment that is not working.
What we did now is, after the installation added a stop and start of the Teamviewer service (which was recommended by the TeamViewer Support) and then we run the above command again.
So far with the test clients, the installation with config and account assignment seems to be at 100% but we have 10-15% of the clients which show no TeamViewer Service running.
Our case is, as mentioned already with TV support, even escalated to the development team, but I was hoping for some ideas from the community. We've been at that problem for weeks now and no solution is in sight (except for changing the product).