command line switches

Hi,

I have a python script set up with several TV nodes listed. I choose one and the script sends all needed info to the command line which starts TV and logs my in to the chosen node. The line that does the actual work is this:

retval = subprocess.call(['/program files (x86)/teamviewer/teamviewer.exe', '-i', tv_ID, '-P', '123'])

It was working swimmingly until about a month ago. Now TV is called but tries to use the last connection that I used no matter once. print() shows the above line is still formed correctly.

Now even the command line on its own without Python doesn't seem to be working either. Which I suppose would be the root cause. Has -i been removed as a command line option?

Thanks - A

Comments

• christian-j
    christian-j Posts: 54 Staff member 🤠

Hi Diabo,

I've just tried it, without Python, but in general it works.

I used the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" -i 0123456789 -P PASSWORD

Please try it again directly via command line.

Team Lead Product Development (Enterprise)

Did my reply answer your question? To help others, please accept it as solution. Thanks!
  • DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @christian-j 

I tried the same scenario. Obviously using the command that shows you and not Python.
    I report the request log. The ID is present, but the interface still shows the previous one; it is legitimate to believe that the connection is taking place towards the previous code and not towards the one requested.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" -i **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** -P abcdefgh

2019/04/05 13:21:39.444 4712 5640 S0 CProcessCommandHandlerMasterConnect[69]::HandleMasterConnect(): Sending MasterCommand client=TV&connectionmode=1&f=RequestRoute2&homeserver=&ic=-xxxxxxxxxx&id=kkkkkkkkkkk&id1=zzzzzzzzzzzz&id2=**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**&licensedremoteaccesstypes=0&mid=aaaaaaaaa<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa&midv=2&v=14.1.9025

So: correct connection. Wrong user experience.

2019-04-05_13-28-33.png

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** = ABCDEFGHI

Convert the letters to their numerical position in the alphabet ;-)

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder