Deploy TV host for unattended access?

Andrewb
Andrewb Posts: 2
edited March 2023 in Deployment & Integrations

Hi ,

We use TV 14 with Corporate license.

I can deploy msi with GPO and it works fine.

But what I want is that myself and my colleague to have unattnded access to all these Windows servers (more than 200).

I don't want to do something manually on each of the servers.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,982 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Andrewb

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible to do this. The best practice would be to allow Easy access to your Hosts that you deploy.

Unfortunately, you would need to deploy the Host again in order to apply this setting.

The command line you will have to use will look like this:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=$CONFIGID APITOKEN=$YOURTOKEN ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access"

You will find all the information you need around the deployment in our Knowledge Base article here: Mass deployment improvements

I saw in a previous post that you are using policies for the Windows logon. It won't be a problem for you. You can leave your policy as it is, and reassign the policy later, once the new deployment with the Easy access is done.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• cloudviewer
    cloudviewer Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

To anyone else finding this much later as I did, but are stuck with getting unattended access to assign automatically: here are the custom host settings for the checkboxes. I found that the documentation pages were slightly outdated, especially with the "Use Managed Group Assignment" switch, which removes the "allow account assignment" checkbox if activated.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator
    edited March 2023

Hi @cloudviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience and answer!

We also appreciate that you take the time to provide us with your feedback about Community articles.

Due to the updates and changes on the Community articles, you may not find the answer from referenced Community articles on the past answer.

Yet, I would like to share that we have published new articles to cover the target content about deploying TeamViewer hosts for unattended access (easy access).

For more information about how to create a custom host as well as available settings, please refer here: Custom Host

And here are the articles for mass deployment:

Once again, thank you for sharing your resolution on our Community to help TeamViewer users.

Hope to see you again in our Community.

Have a beautiful day.

Warm regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター