Microphone not available in Blizz

Options
ricarios
ricarios Posts: 3
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

In Windows 10 I cannot activate the Logitech Brio microphone. Video is OK.

Skype and even the voice recorder - app in Windows 10 can use it.

I also installed an old webcam Logitech 9000 Pro. Same situation.

What can I do ?

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi @ricarios 

Could you please check if other apps like Skype (or others), which could be using the microphone, is running in the background the same time you are using Blizz?

If yes, could you completely close them and try again?

It could be rejected to other apps like Blizz to access the mic, in a case other apps running at the same time.

Best regards

• ricarios
    Options

No other apps are running in the background which uses the mic.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi,

I suppose that you have checked to the task manager and also startup running services menu, and so it is 100% that no other apps are running.

Ok, there some other very important settings that you must check.

First, in the Options menu > Audio settings you can see if there appears the microphone. or what other microphone devices give you available. Maybe it needs to choose one from the others to work. Also in this menu (in Windows version) exist the option to make a test with microphone voice level detection and see it live if it catches the sound. Look at the Mute option of the mic to not be checked of course.

One other really important detail is that after the first time running the app, probably it will ask you if you agree the Blizz to have access to the microphone. If this wasn't chosen, then it may help to search in control panel - sound options and change it manually.

One other possible solution is to fully uninstall the app, reboot the machine and reinstall it again.

Best regards

• ricarios
    Options

Hello,

thank you very much for your advices.

But no, nothing helps. The camera is fine but no mic. I reinstalled it too, there is no request for allowing the mic. Im the options the mic is selected. No other task in the background which could use the mic.

The mic stays greyed out :-(