Backup to NAS

Scootch
Scootch Posts: 1

Good day everyone, before I begin I do admit to being a newbie to this platform. I come from a Kaseya background so if that gives you  and indication of how the backup modules work within that platform then it might make you understand my question better, and infact, my question is rather simple.

I would like to create a policy that doesn snapshots to a NAS device on the same local network as the server I want to backup, but it seems that Team Viewer backup only does backups to cloud. Am I being **bleep** here? or does Team Viewer not allow this functionality? I dont have an issue with cloud but idealiy we want to be able to do hybrid on many of our sites.

Best Answer

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐
    Answer ✓

Hello Scootch,

TeamViewer Backup is a service that backs up data to their servers. It offers no functionality to relocate the destination of the backup at this time, and I imagine probably never will. If you want to use TeamViewer backup on your NAS device you would install it on that device, configure the policy, then it will backup your NAS' data to TeamViewers servers. If you want to also have a local backup, you will need to use a separate solution.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.

Answers

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐
    Answer ✓

Hello Scootch,

TeamViewer Backup is a service that backs up data to their servers. It offers no functionality to relocate the destination of the backup at this time, and I imagine probably never will. If you want to use TeamViewer backup on your NAS device you would install it on that device, configure the policy, then it will backup your NAS' data to TeamViewers servers. If you want to also have a local backup, you will need to use a separate solution.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.