Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Linux] v15.12.4 - Change Log

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Operating system: Linux

Version: 15.12.4

Release date: 2020-11-24

Change_Log_improvements.pngImprovements

• Improved chat feature: emojis are now shown in color instead of black and white.

Change_Log_bug_fixes.png

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the "enter" key to be incorrectly transmitted in remote control sessions to macOS.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "control" key to be incorrectly transmitted in remote control sessions to macOS.

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• Bungeefan
    Bungeefan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I would like to report a bug.
    Since the update yesterday to 15.12.4, I am having an issue with the horizontal scrolling.

When I am controlling a remote Windows 10 Laptop, my horizontal mouse scrolling is inverted.

I am using Ubuntu 20.10 with Xorg.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Bungeefan 

Thanks for your report.

I moved it underneath the Change Log to have better tracking and allowing our Product Owners to review the reports regarding single versions.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• pa657
    pa657 Posts: 1

Hello,

since this version I can't Switch side with partner if the partner is a linux os.

I'm on linux with a paid version of Teamviewer.

I can swich side with a windows partner.

Thanks for your help.

• psn8402
    psn8402 Posts: 1

In the changelog for version 15.7.4, there is written: To make our architecture more future-proof we make use of Qt version 5.6 and QtWebEngine instead of QtWebKit.
    But 15.12.4 is still linked against QtWebEngine:

$ ldd /opt/teamviewer15/tv_bin/TeamViewer | grep Qt5Web
    libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5 (0x00007f49657c0000)
    libQt5WebKit.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5 (0x00007f4960b00000)

$ /opt/teamviewer15/tv_bin/script/teamviewer --version

TeamViewer 15.12.4 (TAR_IN)

• AyudaMe
    AyudaMe Posts: 6 ✭✭

Similar to other posts (ex: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux-EN/Can-t-connect-to-Ubuntu-20-04-after-reboot/td-p/103460) I am unable to connect to my remote machine running Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS after it reboots. It just shows "Connecting..." and nothing happens. 

Both my host machine (Windows 10) and my remote Ubuntu machine are running TV version 15.12.4. The only way I can get TV working on the remote machine after it reboots is by pysically connecting to it first and logging in. This is very problematic as the remote machine is not nearby and I need to be able to manage it from anywhere.

Based on other change logs (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Change-Logs-EN/Linux-v15-10-5-Full-Change-Log/td-p/102893) it seems like the only way to fix this is by reverting to version 15.9.5 or older. Is there a patch coming out that will fix this issue? Or any other tips for working around this?

• it-geovariances
    it-geovariances Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello @AyudaMe 

Same problem with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS !