MSI Deployment does not work with CustomConfigID AND APIToken

Options

I have been trying to get a deployment working for weeks now, and researching KB articles / how-to pages and checking the community - I am stumped. I'm under stress from management to get the Host deployed, but cannot get the CustomConfigID AND APIToken to work. I found another article on here with another user having the same issue with no response.

If I leave out the ConfigID on deployment, then the "generic" install pushes out and will assign our account to the Host. If I include the ConfigID, I will get my custom company artwork, but then the account assignment does not work.

Is this a bug with deployment or a possible error in my code? 

msiexec.exe /i "{PackageShare}\Installers\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="{PackageShare}\Installers\TeamViewer-Config.tvopt" DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 APITOKEN=<APITOKEN> CUSTOMCONFIGID=<CONFIGID> ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS=" --reassign --group-id <GROUPID> --grant-easy-access --alias %COMPUTERNAME%"

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• CroIT
    CroIT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

I've just tested multiple times to install the MSI Host with all options included but I was unsuccessful.

My tested options:

"MsiExec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=aabbcc123 ENABLEOUTLOOKPLUGIN=false DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 APITOKEN=123456789-aabbcccddeeffgghhiijjkkk11223 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--group MyGroup --reassign" /norestart /l*vx "C:\Temp\Install_$MSIName.log""

After several tries...no luck at all. The application install. The application does have our looks and feel, but wouldn't assign to our environment.

When I removed the CUSTOMCONFIGID option everything worked as expected. Unfortunately, no logo in the app.

Really hope TeamViewer fixes this.

Is it just me or is there really 0 response from TeamViewer on this forum?

• CroIT
    CroIT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Don't ask me how, but 1 week later and all seem to work OK now.

We have changed 0 in our network configuration or installation script.🙄